|The Best Fudge Recipe! It’s easy and delicious! Makes great gifts!|
|This month’s Crazy Cooking challenge is…….drum roll……you guessed it FUDGE!! Oh fudge!
In case you aren’t familiar with the Crazy Cooking Challenge, you are supposed to use a recipe from another blogger, so I asked all my foodie friends for their favorite fudge recipe and Chef Felisha Wild at OUR DAILY SALT sent me hers literally 2 seconds later, I know, she is SO efficient and so cool and like a totally radical Chef oh my God totally, yes my Valley comes out when I am talking about Chef’s and fudge.
But seriously, this is the first time that I have ever made fudge, I know, crazy, right? So when Chef Felisha sent me her recipe for her Fabulous Fudge, I was so excited and a bit nervous, I thought I had to use a candy thermometer, I hate human thermometer’s why would I want to do that to the poor fudge… No way, no thermometer, we are in business Chef!!
Fast Friendly Fudge
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine ( I used butter)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 12-oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 7-oz. Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 cup chopped nuts ( I used pecans)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, margarine/or butter and milk in heavy 2-1/2 quart saucepan; bring to full rolling boil, stirring constantly
- Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring.
- Remove from heat, stir in chocolate until melted.
- Add marshmallow creme, nuts & vanilla beat till blended.
- Pour into 13 x 9-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper. Let cool turn out the fudge and cut into squares
- Microwave margarine/or butter in 4-quart microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) 1 minute or until melted
- Add sugar and milk; mix well. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until mixture begins to boil, stirring after 3 minutes
- Mix well; scrape bowl. Continue microwaving on HIGH 5-1/2 minutes; stir after 3 minutes
- Stir in chips until melted. Add remaining ingredients; mix well
- Pour into 13 x 9-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper. Let cool at room temperature, turn out the fudge and cut into squares.
If you use a smaller pan you’ll get thicker fudge.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 429 Total Fat 20g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 2g Unsaturated Fat 13g Cholesterol 3mg Sodium 47mg Carbohydrates 64g Fiber 2g Sugar 58g Protein 4g