When I think of Christmas, I think of going to the Murphy’s home on Christmas day and eating Kris’ amazing shortbread cookies. They disappear very quickly so you have to act fast! They are absolutely my favorite cookie ever! I asked Kris for her recipe and she was so kind to share it with me. You know how when someone bakes something for you it tastes better than when you make it yourself, well when I baked these cookies, I kept imagining Kris in her kitchen baking. When I took my first bite of the cookie, tears came to my eyes….yes! I got it! Kris’ shortbread cookies! My dream come true!
|Cut into bars. Don’t worry if they don’t look perfect when you cut them, they will bake just perfectly!|
So easy! These melt in your mouth shortbread cookies will be your favorite! Perfect with a cup of hot cocoa!
- 2 sticks Land O Lakes salted butter
- 2 and ¼ cups flour
- 6 tablespoons of white granular sugar
- Let the butter soften in a bowl to room temp – not runny.
- Mix the dry ingredients with a fork and a knife.
- Keep “cutting” and cutting until you have pea sized balls and then use your hands gently to form it together in a big mass.
- Don’t play with it too much.
- Flour your working surface and lay it out on top. Roll it with a well floured rolling pin, or just flatten it with your hands to about ¾ inch high.
- Cut into 1” x2” pieces and lift them onto an ungreased cookie sheet with a spatula.
- Prick with a fork three or four times.
- Bake in a 325 oven until they start to brown up ( it will happen faster on the bottom, but a little brown is better than undercooked) watch them closely and use your nose!
- Lift them off with a spatula and let them cool on a hard surface.
Serving Size1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 543Total Fat 46gSaturated Fat 29gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 121mgSodium 364mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 4g