When your oven is being used baking cookies, this is a wonderful recipe for a tender moist ham. I made a 6.5 pound ham with this recipe. It was delicious!
Everything you want in a ham, it’s salty and sweet, very juicy and firm.
In a slow cooker, cook ham for 6 hours on low, during the last hour, add the brown sugar glaze. Transfer ham into a baking pan, uncovered, into the oven at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes until browned.
This zippy ham begs to be served with creamy sides (from mac and cheese to green bean casserole).
Pair it with mustard and pickled vegetables for a southern charcuterie platter.
PIN FOR LATER:
How about serving my Pineapple Casserole with this delicious Slow Cooker Ham? So delicious!
Watch my Slow Cooker Ham Video!
Please remember to SHARE on FACEBOOK
and PIN IT!
- 1 fully cooked 6.5 pounds ham, scored ( bone-in works great as well)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- In a slow cooker, place ham and water, set on Low for 6 hours.
- During the last hour add the brown sugar glaze.
- Brown Sugar Glaze: Mix brown sugar, honey, mustard and maple syrup in a bowl with a whisk.
- Place ham in baking pan uncovered for 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or until ham is browned.
Nettie Moore is the cook, baker, photographer, and designer behind Moore or Less Cooking Food Blog. Nettie is a self- trained cook and baker. She loves creating easy recipes that don’t call for a lot of unknown ingredients. Nettie’s Blueberry Skillet Cake has been featured in Taste Of Home Magazine and her Peach Raspberry Pie has won awards! She was born and raised in Southern California and now lives with her artist husband. Follow Nettie on her blog, Moore or Less Cooking, or on FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN |INSTAGRAM|