With the big game coming up, these are a delicious, easy appetizer for your football rooting fans! What team are you rooting for?
Easy cheesy baked mozzarella sticks dipped in a wonderful warmed marinara sauce.
Cut the cheese sticks in half.
Get the dipping ingredients ready in 3 separate bowls
Place in prepared cheese sticks in freezer for one hour
Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes
Serve with warm Marinara Sauce.
- 8 string cheese sticks
- 1 cup panko
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Unwrap string cheese and cut in half.
- Put equal amounts of panko and Italian bread crumbs in a bowl and mix together.
- Beat 2 eggs and a splash of milk with a whisk or fork.
- Put flour in a third bowl and roll each piece of cheese in the flour.
- Dip the flour coated cheese in the egg mixture and then coat with the bread crumb mixture.
- Place mozzarella sticks in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove the mozzarella sticks from the freezer and place them on a baking sheet.
- Melt butter in the microwave and drizzle it over the mozzarella sticks.
- Bake at 400°F for about 8-10 minutes.
- Dip mozzarella sticks in warmed marinara.
Recipe adapted from The Gunny Sack