Creamy Corn and Bacon Chowder for #SundaySupper. Easy one pot Creamy Corn and Bacon Chowder full of corn, veggies, and bacon can be on your table in under 45 minutes!
We are celebrating Regional Food Specialties this Sunday!
Living in gorgeous Maine, most people associate this state’s food with Lobster Rolls, Blueberry Cobbler and Chowder, or as the locals pronounce it, Chowdah! Since it is spring and lobsters and blueberries aren’t as plentiful, but boy- oh- boy, bacon, potatoes and corn are, I created an easy and so delicious Corn and Bacon Chowder.
This delicious and colorful one pot chowder is plenty filling as a main course or pre-main course.
I added plenty of veggies to give this chowder lots of flavor! Plus it has bacon in it, yes, everything is better with bacon! The corn stays crisp and is such a wonderful addition to this easy and delicious chowdah!
Corn and Bacon Chowder #SundaySupper Easy one pot Corn and Bacon Chowder full of corn, veggies, and bacon can be on your table in under 45 minutes!
- Maine Local bacon, 8 slices
- Red Onion, 1/2, chopped
- 1 Maine White Potato, chopped
- 2 cups Frozen Corn Kernels
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon French Thyme ( Penzey's)
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add bacon and cook until crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Drain grease, but keep one tablespoon in pot.
- Add red onion, saute for 1 minute, until soft.
- Add carrots, celery, potato and corn and bacon. Saute for another couple minutes.
- Add broth, cream and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring often, until potatoes are tender, for 20 minutes.
- Season with freshly ground pepper.
Please visit my friends from Sunday Supper to see what’s cooking in their regions!
- Crispy Salmon Bites with Homemade Tartar Sauce by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Loaded Tex-Mex Chile con Queso by The Weekend Gourmet
- New England Style Stuffed Clams by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brandy Old Fashioned by Curious Cuisiniere
- Wine Pairing Recommendations For #SundaySupper Regional Specialties by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Breakfast Empanada Casserole by Simply Healthy Family
- Pittsburgh Steak Salad by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Homemade Ranch Dressing by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Tupelo Honey Key Lime Vinaigrette by Family Around the Table
- Alabama White Barbecue Sauce by Cookin’ Mimi
- Delaware Crabs by Delaware Girl Eats
- JoJo Potatoes by A Mind Full Mom
- Long Beans with Coconut by Food Lust People Love
- Old Bay Cauli-Tots by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Southern Collard Greens by Magnolia Days
- Amish Chicken and Noodles by Palatable Pastime
- Boiled Lobster with Drawn Butter by Taste And See
- Bison Steaks with Cranberry Chimichurri by Tramplingrose
- California Beer Steamed Shrimp by Nosh My Way
- Avocado BLT Sandwich by Brunch-n-Bites
- Cali Inspired Fish Tacos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cheesy Tex Mex Enchiladas by The TipToe Fairy
- Cola Marinated Steak Tips by Hardly a Goddess
- Corn and Bacon Chowder by Moore or Less Cooking
- Crab-Stuffed Artichokes with Spicy Aioli by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Deep Fried Pizza Roll by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Halal Cart-Style Chicken and Rice with White Sauce by The Texan New Yorker
- Copycat Hattie B’s Hot Chicken by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Homemade Quebec Maple Baked Beans by She Loves Biscotti
- How to Make Vegetable Lumpia by Asian In America
- Italian Hot Dog by Simple and Savory
- Mom’s City Chicken by My Life Cookbook
- North Carolina BBQ with Cole Slaw and Hush Puppies by The Freshman Cook
- Philly Cheesesteak Calzones by Baking Sense
- Polish Boy Sandwich by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Spicy Salmon for Tacos by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Tex-Mex Slowcooker Chicken and Beef Fajitas by Meal Planning Magic
- West Michigan Wet Burritos by Wholistic Woman
- Upside Down Angel Food Cupcakes by Cooking With Carlee
- Austrian Mohnnudeln (Poppy Seed Noodles) by The Bread She Bakes
- Butter Tarts – A Canadian Tradition by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Carob Cherry Crumb Bars by Pies and Plots
- Florida Key Lime Cream Pie by The Crumby Cupcake
- Fried Biscuits by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Gooey Butter Cake from Saint Louie! by Our Good Life
- Homemade Butterscotch Krimpets by The Redhead Baker
- San Jose Burnt Almond Cake by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Shoofly Pie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spanish Bar Cake by Get the Good Stuff!
- Hoosier Sugar Cream Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Plus Rhubarb Steamed Pudding and Favorite Regional Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement