A delicious comforting Mexican Stuffed Pasta Shell Casserole. Served with Green Onions, Black Olives, Sour Cream, and Cholula Sauce. Make it in under an hour. Perfect for a Cinco de Mayo party or just for your family. Everyone will love it!
I am crazy about Mexican Food! I could eat it every day! Tacos, Burritos, Enchiladas, Tamales, Taquitos, and more! It’s a fiesta with all of the delicious flavors of onions and garlic, cilantro, salsa, hot sauce, cheese, makes it a winning dish!
It’s PASTA PALOOZA MONTH!! A group of bloggers and I are sharing pasta recipes this month. I have been wanting to make Mexican Stuffed Pasta Shells, and am so excited to share the recipe with you!
Cook Jumbo Pasta Shells, drain and lay flat on a cutting board, so that they don’t stick to each other.
Saute onions, add ground beef, cook until brown, drain. Add Taco Seasoning. Add Cream Cheese.
Pour a jar of salsa into a baking dish.
When meat sauce and shells have cooled off, stuff shells with meat sauce.
Cover with taco sauce and Cheese.
Bake in the oven until cheese is melty bubbly hot.
Garnish with chopped Green Onions.
Sprinkle sliced Black Olives over Stuffed Shells.
Nettie is a wife and mother who is passionate about cooking and baking. With 5 children, Nettie insists that all meals, snacks, and desserts come together quickly! You will find a wide variety of easy yet scrumptious recipes on her very popular website Moore or Less Cooking
Follow me on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #mooreorlesscooking so I can see all the wonderful recipes that YOU make from this site!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I would love for you to leave a rating and a comment below! How’d you do?!
20-Minute Baked Pasta Alfredo with Sausage
Mexican Stuffed Pasta Shells
A delicious Mexican pasta dish! So flavorful !
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 package low-sodium taco seasoning
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 box jumbo pasta shells ( I stuffed 15 shells and layered the rest of the pasta in a baking dish)
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 jar taco sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese
- 3 green onions- for garnish
- Sour cream for garnish
- Black Olives-for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a frying pan cook ground beef; add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions.
- Add cream cheese, cover, and simmer until cheese is melted. Blend well. Set aside and cool completely.
- While ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta shells according to directions; drain. Set shells out individually on cutting board/baking sheet so that they don’t stick together.
- Pour salsa on the bottom of the 9×13 baking dish.
- Stuff each shell with the meat mixture.
- Place shells in 9×13 pan open side up.
- Cover shells with taco sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add shredded cheese and bake for 10-15 more minutes. Top with any condiments you’d like (green onions, black olives, etc.)
- Serve with sour cream and/or more salsa.
Serving Size3 stuffed shells
Amount Per Serving Calories 283Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 76mgSodium 299mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 20g
Friday 23rd of October 2020
WHat temperature do we bake at? I don't see that anywhere.
Saturday 24th of October 2020
Thank you for catching that. The oven Temperature should be set at 350 degrees F. I will edit that.
Wednesday 27th of March 2019
I can’t wait to try this, looks absolutely delicious!
Michelle De La Cerda
Sunday 2nd of August 2015
Wonderful idea. I, too, love Mexican. Using shells is creative.
Joanne T Ferguson
Wednesday 15th of April 2015
This looks delicious Nettie Pinned and shared! Hope to see you on Saturday!
Wednesday 15th of April 2015
Thank you Joanne! Nettie