Crispy and crunchy, moist and flavorful Potato chip chicken. Love the flavors of fried chicken, but not the hassle of frying it. This chicken tastes just liked fried but even better!My Grandma made this for us the last time we visited her and it was the best chicken. Every single crumb was gone from the plate. She was thrilled to make it for us and I had to make it and thought of her the whole time while I made it. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl, set aside.Place broken chips in one bowl, beaten eggs in another bowl, dry ingredients in a third bowl.Bake until crispy brown, thighs 50 minutes.Parchment paper soaks up a bunch of the grease. Now the chicken isn’t so oily.This would be great as chicken fingers too for a cookout!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 TBSP Garlic Powder
- 1 TBSP Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups Kettle Chips Potato Chips, broken
- 5 TBSP butter, melted
- 6 large chicken thighs
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the first five ingredients.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet large enough for 6 large chicken thighs. ( Parchment soaked up the chicken grease)
- Beat eggs in a small bowl.
- Line up bowls and baking sheet in this order from right to left; egg, flour, smashed chips, then baking sheet.
- Dip chicken in the flour mixture and cover it completely.
- Dip it into the egg mixture, then into the broken chips for a second coat.
- Place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with all chicken pieces.
- Place in fridge for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt butter and drizzle evenly over top of the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the chicken reaches the appropriate temperature (165 for Breast meat, 180 for dark meat)
- Remove and serve!
Click here to see more #CookoutWeek recipes!
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie
Friday 8th of July 2016
Mmm what an awesome crunchy coating!
Sunday 10th of July 2016
Thank you Erin, this chicken is so tasty!
Friday 1st of July 2016
This looks so good, Nettie! :) Since our recipes posted so close together, I thought that you had reviewed mine! Then when I clicked on it to see, I was like, wait....that's not my recipe! Hahaha!!!! :D Too funny!!!! Yours looks good, too! And I'll definitely give it a try this summer! :)
Friday 1st of July 2016
Thank you Kelly! Love that we posted so close! Nettie
Wendy, A Day in the Life on the Farm
Thursday 30th of June 2016
This does sound like a delicious dish,. It is going on my to try list.