KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF BROWNIES
Knock Your Socks Off Brownies
Author: Moore or Less Cooking
Recipe type: Baking, brownies
Serves: 12 brownies
This recipe uses a mix, but it really is the best brownie ever with a caramel middle and delicious nuts!
- 1 box (18.5 Ounce) German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Pecans (I ran out of pecans and used mostly walnuts)
- ⅓ cup Evaporated Milk
- ½ cup Evaporated Milk (additional)
- ½ cup Butter, Melted
- 60 Caramels, Unwrapped
- ⅓ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, chopped pecans, ⅓ cup evaporated milk, and melted butter.
- Stir together until totally combined.
- Mixture will be very thick.
- Press half the mixture into a well-greased 9 x 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and set aside.
- In a double boiler (or a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water) melt caramels with additional ½ cup evaporated milk.
- When melted and combined, pour over brownie base. Sprinkle chocolate chips as evenly as you can over the caramel.
- Turn out remaining brownie dough on work surface.
- Use your hands to press it into a large square a little smaller than the pan.
- Use a spatula to remove it from the surface, then set it on top of the caramel and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- When ready to serve, generously sift powdered sugar over the surface of the brownies.
- Cut into either nine or twelve helpings, and carefully remove from the pan.