When I showed Susan the photograph of Dor’s, Dorilicious Lemon Almond Ricotta Cake, we both agreed that we were making it immediately! I thought we had all of the ingredients, but then yelled, ” not enough ground almonds!!” Susan said she would be right back and went out into the boiling hot car zipped to Trader Joes! She saved the day as I prepared the rest of the ingredients. We couldn’t wait for the cake to cool. Oh my yum!
The next day we gave Maria a piece, she was in love and agreed to take a piece home, better the next day. But shoot, I was flying home and leaving my delicious cake behind!
Lemon Almond Ricotta Cake
- 12 ½ ounces butter, softened
- 14 ounces sugar
- 1 pound, 5 oz ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 large eggs
- 2 large lemons, zested & juiced
- 9 oz Ricotta cheese
- Grease and line with parchment an 11″ cheesecake pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl beat sugar & butter until light & fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add almonds and baking powder & lightly mix through.
- Add the zest & juice of the lemons along with the Ricotta and mix gently but thoroughly.
- Place the mixture into the lined pan and level it.
- Place on a baking sheet then place in the center of the oven.
- Bake for around 50 minutes, then turn the oven down to 300 degrees F.
- Check after an hour.
- If it’s browning too quickly, loosely cover with foil
- The cake shouldn’t jiggle, when using a toothpick inserted in the center, it should come out clean.
- It should be golden brown with a slight spring when touched.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack. Don’t cut until cool. It’s a moist cake and will break. ( Place in refrigerator after removing from pan for 1 hour.
- Keep refrigerated after serving.
FREE! TO GET MOORE OR LESS COOKING RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR EMAIL, CLICK HERE:SUBSCRIBE TO MOORE OR LESS COOKING FOOD BLOG BY EMAIL
SPREAD THE WORD AND SHARE MY RECIPES!
IF YOU THINK THIS SOUNDS YUMMY, I’D SURE ♥ IT IF YOU’D CLICK TO PIN IT, TWEET IT, GOOGLE + IT, STUMBLE IT, OR SHARE IT ON FACEBOOK TO HELP SPREAD THE WORD – THANKS! NETTIE <3