These delicious pepper cups are just as beautiful to look at as they are to eat! Filled with bacon and eggs and Cabot Cheese, they are perfect for a brunch party when you want to impress your guests.
These pepper cups are easy to put together and a show stopper.
I used Cabot Tomato Basil Cheddar Cheese for the mixture inside of the red pepper cups. It adds a delicious flavor to the pepper cups.
Make the bacon ahead of time on a baking sheet, covered with parchment paper or foil. Place a half a pound of bacon on parchment covered baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes. Drain bacon on a paper towel.
You will need eggs, red peppers, onion, garlic, cilantro, Cabot Tomato Basil Cheddar Cheese for this recipe.
Saute 1/2 cup of chopped onion in a pan with 1 tsp of olive oil on medium low heat. Cook until caramelized and golden brown. Add garlic, cook until fragrant.
Pour onion mixture into a bowl, add cheddar cheese, chopped bacon, and cilantro.
Cut peppers in half lengthwise. Pull out the seeds and membrane. Discard. Cook the peppers in a large pot of boiling water, just enough for the peppers to be tender, not collapsed, around 6 minutes. Let cool slightly.
All of the ingredients to go into the pepper
BEFORE going in the oven:
PIN IT FOR LATER:
For more information:
Delicious Bacon and Eggs in Pepper Cups. Guaranteed to wow the crowds!
- 3 Strips of bacon, cooked, chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 ounces Cabot Cheddar Tomato Basil, grated
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise.
- Discard seeds and membrane.
- Cook peppers in a large pot of boiling water, around 6 minutes, just until tender. Drain. Place in a baking dish.
- In a skillet, add olive oil and onion, cook for 4-5 minutes over medium heat, until softened. Add garlic, cook until golden brown. Pour mixture into a bowl, add cheddar cheese, bacon and cilantro.
- Divide mixture into four peppers. Press mixture into the sides and hollow for the egg to go into the center. Sprinkle salt and Pepper over egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs are cooked the way that you like them. Sprinkle with more cheese. Serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Cabot Creamery Cookbook
What’s your favorite Cabot Cheese? Tell me below in the comments.
Please remember to SHARE on FACEBOOK
and PIN IT!
Nettie is a wife and mother who is passionate about cooking and baking… especially when easy meals are involved! With 5 children, Nettie insists that all meals, snacks, and desserts come together quickly! You will find a wide variety of easy yet scrumptious recipes on her very popular website Moore or Less Cooking FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN |INSTAGRAM|