This post is sponsored by the Idaho® Potato Commission in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Be ready for the big game with these delicious BEST Potato Wedges featuring Idaho® Potatoes! They are a winning finger food recipe for your football party! Potato wedges are crispy on the outside, and creamy on the inside! Topped with crisp bacon and melted gooey cheese, and an amazing avocado cream sauce!
Why is it when I make Idaho® potato wedges, it’s the first thing to disappear from our football food table? I will tell you why! My family loves potatoes, plus…just add cheese and bacon and a creamy avocado sauce and you have a winner!! These potato wedges are the Bomb-Diggity-Bomb-Baby! They already have a drizzling of sauce, so there isn’t any need to dip these taters, but feel free to do so ( I did, I love this sauce, I could just eat it with a spoon)! No forks and knives needed, just grab one or two of these Best Potato Wedges with your fingers and enjoy! Idaho® potatoes are a hearty and delicious ingredient, make them the star of your football party!
Why are Idaho® potatoes the best choice for game day recipes?
- Idaho® Potatoes bake up better than any other potatoes.
- The most classic side dish is a hot, steaming baked potato. ( I like mine with a pat of salted butter, a dollop of sour cream and chopped chives, salt and pepper) No potato bakes better than an Idaho® Potato.
- Idaho® Potatoes’ have a distinct, hearty potato taste that stands up well to seasonings and flavors. They have a high solid content and a low moisture content. This means that there will be less shrinkage when cooking the potatoes. There will also be more plate coverage as well. Idaho® Potatoes’ also have a light texture.
Here are some fantastic choices of what to make for a Football Party:
- Hot potatoes, especially with cheese, bacon ( Like my Best Potato Wedges) and more are perfect casseroles to bring to the party
- Potato bars, whether mashed, baked, fries or tots offer choices that everyone will enjoy
- Veggie-centric potato based bowls, loaded with hearty proteins are sure to be a hit for the big game
Here’s what you will need to make the Best Potato Wedges!
You’ll need Three Idaho® Russet Potatoes, cut into wedges.
Toss wedges in bacon drippings, pepper, and garlic powder.
Bake potatoes for 30-40 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Finished potato wedges should be crispy on the edges and sides and tender in the center.
Top potatoes with cheese and crispy bacon.
Return potatoes to oven, for 5-6 minutes until cheese is bubbling.
Drizzle avocado cream sauce over potatoes.
Take a big bite! Am I making you hungry yet???
Crisp bacon and melted gooey cheese potato wedges topped with an amazing avocado cream sauce!
- 3 Idaho® Potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings ( or Olive Oil)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Bacon, crispy and crumbled, bacon drippings reserved
- Bake bacon on a parchment lined baking sheet @400 degrees F until brown and crispy, crumble bacon and grate cheese.
- Cut potatoes into wedges. You should get 10-12 wedges per potato. Toss wedges with bacon drippings, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread potatoes out on the baking sheet. Try to make sure that they aren’t stacked at all. Bake potatoes for 30-40 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Finished wedges should be crispy on the edges and sides and tender in the center.
- While potatoes bake, stir together mashed avocado (really ripe) and sour cream, in a cuisinart. Add lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- When potatoes are baked, re-position the potatoes so they resemble shingles on the sheet pan. They should slightly overlap. Top potatoes with cheese and crispy bacon. Return to oven for 5-6 minutes until cheese is bubbling.
- Finish potato wedges with avocado sauce. Serve while hot.
Giveaway: We will be giving away 10 pounds of Idaho Potatoes and a Copy, “Smashed, Mashed, Boiled, and Baked – Fried Too! A Celebration of Potatoes in 75 Irresistible Recipes.” Cookbook.
The winner will be selected during the SUNDAY SUPPER MOVEMENT facebook live on 1/29/17 at 4 pm. Family Foodie will be making some delicious Potato Chorizo Bites!
What’s your favorite way to eat potatoes?
Check out the delicious Idaho® Potato recipes from our Sunday Supper Taste Makers:
- Cajun Taters & Sausage by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cheesy Bacon Potato Bite-Sized Snacks by Life Tastes Good
- Fingerling Potato Bacon Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Potato Football Candy by Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Potato “Wings” by Food Done Light
- Healthier Mashed Potato Bowls by Cooking Chat
- Persian Lamb Stuffed Potato Cakes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Potato Salad Tortilla Bowls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pulled Pork Potato Skins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Steak and Potato Pizza by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buffalo Smashed Potatoes by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Cheesy Sausage Stuffed Red Potatoes by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Cuban Garlic Mojo Potato Salad by Go Epicurista
- Tempura Cheesy Potato Balls by Cricket’s Confections
- Best Potato Wedges by Moore or Less Cooking
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato Bites by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Loaded Curly Fries with Gouda Cheese Sauce by Casa de Crews
- Potato and Chive Mini Waffles by My Life Cookbook
- Potato Blue Cheese Tartlets by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Potato Nacho Stacks by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Bacon Parmesan Potato Pavé Squares by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Nettie Moore is the cook, baker, photographer and designer behind Moore or Less Cooking Food Blog. Nettie is a self-trained cook and baker. She loves creating easy recipes that don’t call for a lot of unknown ingredients.Nettie’s Blueberry Skillet Cake has been featured in Taste Of Home Magazine and her Peach Raspberry Pie has won awards! She was born and raised in Southern California and now calls New England her home, where she lives with her husband and two children. Follow Nettie on her blog, Moore or Less Cooking, or here: FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN |INSTAGRAM