Once in a great while, I will make this per request of my family. I stress the words, once in a great while, but seriously, it is a creamy Italian Heaven. You can use Cream or half and half, I have tried this recipe with both and the results are delicious.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK
AND PIN IT!
Serve with sauteed mushrooms and my recipe for Easy Pizza Puffs with pesto!
Recipe for Easy Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cups light or heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- pinch nutmeg
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Cook the fettuccine noodles in boiling salted water following the package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, bring the cream just to the boiling point. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Drain the fettuccine well and add to the cream in the sauté pan. With the pan over medium heat, toss well and add butter pieces, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
Toss again while heating through.
Check out how easy it is to make my Easy Fettuccine Alfredo by watching my newest video!
- 1 pound fettuccine ( I prefer freshly made pasta if available)
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half ( or cream )
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine noodles al dente in boiling salted water.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, bring half-and-half just to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, keep stirring for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add fettuccine to half-and-half in skillet.
- Over medium heat, toss well and add butter pieces, nutmeg, pepper, and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- Toss again while heating through. add more grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serves 4.
Nettie is a wife and mother who is passionate about cooking and baking… especially when easy meals are involved! With 5 children, Nettie insists that all meals, snacks, and desserts come together quickly! You will find a wide variety of easy yet scrumptious recipes on her very popular website Moore or Less Cooking
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN |INSTAGRAM|