Smooth, creamy and delicious No Churn Mocha Chip ice cream! Coffee ice cream with mini chocolate chips in every bite! This is the easiest ice cream to make! A wonderful frozen summer treat!…
I promised my God daughter that we would do some baking this summer. I asked her what she was thinking of making and she said a peanut butter chocolate. That is such a coincidence, I have been wanting to make that kind of pie too! I remember that my very talented blogger friend, Joan, from Chocolate, Chocolate and more made a Peanut Butter Pie and went off to search for her recipe.
We had all of the ingredients except a Graham Cracker Crust and Whipped Topping, so off to the market we went. But first we had to stop and get a little lunch. We decided to visit my daughter at work, lucky us she joined us at our table and took a break with her lunch.
My God Daughter also brought over her inventory to make me a DUCK TAPE wallet! My choices were food related….can you believe that? Pickles, Mac and Cheese and Leopard Print. I will cherish it forever.
Melted Chocolate on top of Graham Cracker Crust…so you get an extra bite of chocolate on the top and bottom…
This is a super easy pie that you can put together before a special party, you just need 2 hours refrigeration time, since it was so warm out, I would freeze it instead of refrigerating it for 2 hours next time.
It tastes like an amazing creamy Peanut Butter Cup! When you have been baking all day and need to wait for your Peanut Butter and Chocolate pie to refrigerate~ you go for a swim at the lake!
We worked up an appetite with our big swim and got a call from my BFF inviting us for dinner, she created a a BIG POT of Sausage, Kale, Potato and Bean Soup! With a crusty loaf of bread and our Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pie in hand, off we went!
I couldn’t wait to slice into this work of art while the kids played baseball in the backyard and the men played Bocce Ball. With Stevie Wonder playing in the background…it was the perfect summer day…watching the Super Moon light up over us, I am thankful for being a Spiritual Bodyguard, when it involves any kind of baking and am so lucky to have such incredible friends who enjoy food as much as I do.
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 package cream Cheese, 8 ounces, softened
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate chips
- 4-6 Tablespoons heavy cream, or more to get a thin drizzly consistency
- FOR FILLING: In a bowl, set mixer on medium, cream together peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth and blended.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and mix on low.
- Next, add in Cool Whip and mix until fluffy on medium. Scrape down the sides of bowl. Set aside.
- For Chocolate: Use a 2 cup Microwave safe measuring cup or bowl, microwave chocolate chips and cream for 1 minute on HIGH. Stir chips and cream until chocolate is smooth. add more cream to get a thinner consistency.
- Spread all but 3 or 4 TBSP of chocolate over the crust. Let sit for 5 minutes to set up.Next, add the filling and spread evenly. Drizzle chocolate over peanut butter filling. I had a lot of chocolate left over because my chocolate was very thick, so I covered the pie with it.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours, if making for a summer party, Freeze for 2 hours. Let pie thaw for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serves 10
RECIPE FROM CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE AND MORE
Merry Christmas! I have heard of the infamous Ice Storm in 1998 where so many lost their power for three weeks. So when we were welcomed by this ice storm this week, we were all in shock to lose power. No heat, no electricity, not so much a welcome for Christmas.
This has been the first time that I have been on the internet in 5 days, so I am excited to share a recipe with you, I started to bake these right when the power came back on, or else they would have gone on the BBQ Grill! That is a whole other blog!
These really are named appropriately, they are magic. Everyone kept going back for second and third helpings. A layer of graham cracker crumbs, a layer of coconut, a layer of chocolate chips, a layer of nuts, so easy! This bar freezes well too!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sweetened or unsweetened flaked or shredded coconut
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place the rack in the center of the oven. Lightly butter or spray with a non stick cooking spray a 9 x 9 inch square baking pan.
- Melt the butter and pour it evenly over the bottom of your pan.
- Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the butter.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the crumbs. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the coconut. Sprinkle the nuts over the chocolate chips.
- Finally, drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over all the ingredients. Do not mix the ingredients together, just layer them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the squares comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. These bars can be frozen.
- Makes about 16 - 2 inch squares.
- recipe adapted from Joy of Baking