Merry Christmas! I have heard of the infamous Ice Storm in 1998 where so many lost their power for three weeks. So when we were welcomed by this ice storm this week, we were all in shock to lose power. No heat, no electricity, not so much a welcome for Christmas.
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION HERE
This has been the first time that I have been on the internet in 5 days, so I am excited to share a recipe with you, I started to bake these right when the power came back on, or else they would have gone on the BBQ Grill! That is a whole other blog!
These really are named appropriately, they are magic. Everyone kept going back for second and third helpings. A layer of graham cracker crumbs, a layer of coconut, a layer of chocolate chips, a layer of nuts, so easy! This bar freezes well too!
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK
AND PIN IT!
Also known as Seven Layer Cookies, or Hello Dolly cookies, these gooey treats combine coconut, chocolate chips, nuts, and a graham cracker base.
More Dessert Bars Recipes:
Divine Chocolate Caramel Bars are made with only 4 ingredients! So quick and easy! Easy buttery shortbread crust topped with caramel then swirled with melted Divine chocolate. Does it get any better than this??
All you need is smooth peanut butter, graham crackers, Chocolate chips, butter, and powdered sugar.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join us. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with Moore or Less Cooking. I hope that you will join us there. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Moore or Less Cooking!
Also known as Seven Layer Cookies, or Hello Dolly cookies bars, these gooey treats combine coconut, chocolate chips, nuts, and a graham cracker base.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sweetened or unsweetened flaked or shredded coconut
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place the rack in the center of the oven. Lightly butter or spray with a non stick cooking spray a 9 x 9 inch square baking pan.
- Melt the butter and pour it evenly over the bottom of your pan.
- Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the butter.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the crumbs. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the coconut. Sprinkle the nuts over the chocolate chips.
- Finally, drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over all the ingredients. Do not mix the ingredients together, just layer them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the squares comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. These bars can be frozen.
- Makes about 16 - 2 inch squares.
- recipe adapted from Joy of Baking
A few tips: First, you can basically mix and match any kind of nut and chip that you like. Such as Butterscotch chips or White chocolate chips. Add them right in. If you like walnuts better than pecans, then go right ahead and add them in. The softer, fattier nuts (like pecans, walnuts, cashews) work better than harder ones like almonds or peanuts. Refrigerate the bars.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size2 inch
Amount Per ServingCalories 318 Total Fat 19g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 27mg Sodium 96mg Carbohydrates 35g Fiber 2g Sugar 28g Protein 5g