Combine everyone’s favorite campfire dessert with a fudgy chocolate layer topped with marshmallows with this delicious Slow Cooker S’mores Brownies recipe. All the familiar flavors and ingredients are layered in your crock pot and slowly cooked to melted and sweet deliciousness. What could be better?
If you love brownies and s’mores, this recipe is for you! Plus, it’s super easy to make in your slow cooker! A homemade graham cracker crust forms the base that holds a brownie batter that layers on an extra layer of chocolate with Hershey’s bars. The top is, of course, puffy marshmallows. Give this extravaganza of a dessert a few hours in your slow cooker and you’ll be rewarded with a decadent dessert that’s always a crowd-pleaser.
For The Crust
Graham Cracker Crumbs – use your favorite brand.
Butter – melted. Use salted or unsalted
Sugar – use white granulated.
For The Brownie Batter
Butter – Use salted or unsalted.
Chocolate Chips – I use semi-sweet, but dark would be great, too.
Sugar – use white granulated.
Eggs – needed to help form the texture and structure of the batter.
Flour – use all-purpose.
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – to add more chocolate flavor. Use your favorite brand.
Baking Powder – to help the brownies rise.
Salt – for seasoning.
For The Topping
Hershey’s Bars – I use milk chocolate, but dark would be yummy, too!
Marshmallows – I use the mini size, but the regular works fine, too.
How To Make Slow Cooker S’mores Brownies
Note: This is a summary of the steps. For complete instructions, refer to the recipe card down below.
STEP 1: Place a sheet or two of parchment paper in an 8-quart slow cooker and spray the paper with cooking spray.
STEP 2: Make the graham cracker crust and press it into the lined slow cooker.
STEP 3: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and chocolate chips.
STEP 4: Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the sugar to combine before adding the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each to incorporate.
STEP 5: Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
STEP 6: Spread the brownie batter over the graham cracker crust. Break apart the Hershey bars and place them all over the top of the batter. Put the lid on and cook on low for 2-2 and a half hours.
STEP 7: When done, add the marshmallows on top and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
Most definitely line the bottom of your slow cooker with parchment paper. Use two sheets (to double the strength) long enough to come up and over the outside of the slow cooker when the lid is on. This will help you be able to lift the entire cooked s’mores brownies out when done. That way, you’ll be able to easily cut and serve them.
Can I Use A Boxed Brownie Mix?
Yes. Just be sure to use the directions and ingredients on the back of the box to make the brownie batter before continuing with the addition of the toppings included in this recipe.
Can I Make These In The Oven Instead?
Yes. Use a 9 x 13 baking pan that’s lined with parchment paper. Follow the directions as written and bake in a 350-degree Fahrenheit oven, uncovered, for 20- 30 minutes. Add the marshmallows during the final 5 minutes until they begin to melt. Turn the oven off and switch on the broiler to get a brown tinge on the marshmallows, if desired.
- Crust: Swap out the graham crackers for cookie crumbs such as shortbread, golden Oreos, or even gingerbread for a holiday flavor. You can also use crushed pretzels.
- Chocolate Bar And Chips: While semi-sweet chocolate is the classic ingredient, you can use dark chocolate chips and/or bars instead for a deeper chocolate flavor. Love peanut butter? Swap out the Hersey’s chocolate bars for mini Reese’s peanut butter cups. They’ll melt and be delicious!
- Marshmallows: This recipe calls for mini marshmallows, but the large marshmallows work well, too!
What To Serve With Slow Cooker S’mores Brownies
While I think this dessert is amazing as is if you want to take it over the top, serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Swoon!
Store leftovers in an airtight container on the countertop for up to 4 days or in the refrigerator. To reheat, cut a slice and microwave on low in 10-second increments until the desired temperature is achieved.
More Delicious Chocolate Recipes
Nettie is a wife and mother who is passionate about cooking and baking. With 5 children, Nettie insists that all meals, snacks, and desserts come together quickly! You will find a wide variety of easy yet scrumptious recipes on her viral website Moore or Less Cooking
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #mooreorlesscooking so I can see all the wonderful recipes that YOU make from this site!
Homemade graham cracker crust filled with a brownie batter with layers of Hershey bars topped with melty puffy marshmallows.
- 3 cups of graham cracker crumbs (about 18 crackers)
- 3/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 4 milk chocolate Hershey's bars
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
1. Gather all of the ingredients. Place a sheet or two of parchment paper in an 8-quart slow cooker, and spray the paper with cooking spray.
2. Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar in a medium-sized bowl, and press the mixture into the lined slow cooker.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt the 1/2 cup butter and reserve 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and set aside, put the rest of the bag into the medium saucepan and mix until melted.
4. Remove from heat and mix in sugar and mix. Add the eggs one at a time and mix.
5. Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips and stir.
6. Spread batter over the graham cracker crust in the slow cooker. Break apart the Hershey bars, place them all over the top of the batter, and cook on low for 2- 2 1/2 hours.
7. When cooked, add marshmallows on the top and cook for another 5-10 mins.
8. Serve and enjoy!!
Tips and Tricks
- Instead of milk chocolate use dark or white chocolate. Peppermint chocolate would be delicious for Christmas.
- Use Large marshmallows instead of minis.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
365 Everyday Value, Unsalted Butter, 16 oz
3 Quart Sauce Pan
Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows (Pack of 2)
365 Everyday Value, All-Purpose Flour, 5 lb
365 Everyday Value, Organic Cocoa Powder, 8 oz
Guittard Baking Chips, 63% Extra Dark Chocolate, 11.5 oz
Domino Sugar, Granulated, 4LB Canister
Honey Maid Fresh Stacks Graham Crackers, 1 Box of 6 Stacks
Ifuerte 10-Piece Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set
Crock-Pot SCV700SS Stainless Steel 7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker, 7 Quart
Slow Cooker Liners
Amount Per Serving Calories 576Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 79mgSodium 339mgCarbohydrates 80gFiber 3gSugar 54gProtein 6g