I received free products, but all opinions are my own.
Do you know what Choctoberfest is?? It’s the celebration of chocolate during October! How awesome is that?? Today is one of my favorite days of the year… because it is the first day of #Choctoberfest 2016!
#Choctoberfest is a virtual event put together by The PinterTest Kitchen. Bloggers from around the world will be posting their favorite chocolate recipes, and you’ll get a chance to win some awesome prizes. What’s not to love?
Thank you to the sponsors who make #Choctoberfest possible! This year, Imperial Sugar is back as our Gold Sponsor. They have been a trusted name in kitchens since 1843, and their website is home to thousands of sweet recipes tested in the Imperial Sugar Kitchen. You can find Imperial Sugar on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube, or join their Sweet Community so you can share your own recipes, save recipes to a virtual inbox, print Imperial Sugar coupons, and connect with other sugar lovers.
Imperial Sugar and our silver sponsors have banded together to offer a huge #Choctoberfest prize pack, which you can enter to win below! One lucky winner will be chosen at random to receive the following:
- From our Gold Sponsor Imperial Sugar: 1 case of granulated sugar (40 pounds), 1 case of brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of dark brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of powdered sugar (24 pounds bags), and an Imperial Sugar red ruffle apron
- From our Silver Sponsor Nature Nate’s: 32 oz. Raw & Unfiltered Honey bottle, Honey Syrup, Honey Packets, a Nature Nate’s T-shirt, various kitchen supplies, and $50 Amazon gift card
- From our Silver Sponsor Barlean’s:16 oz Barlean’s Butter-Flavored Coconut Oil, 9.52 oz canister of Chocolate Silk Greens, and 8oz bottle of Essential Women Omega-Swirl Chocolate Mint
- From our Silver Sponsor Caveman Coffee: 1 Bag of Coffee (you choice of blacklisted or sabertooth), 1 coconut MCT oil, and 1 Cacao Butter
- From #Choctoberfest blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen: 1 specialty chocolate gift pack (your choice of dark or milk chocolate), 1 tin (14 ounces) drinking chocolate, and Divine’s Fair Trade Gift Set
Enter now to win our #Choctoberfest 2016 prize pack! We’ll be picking a winner at random winner on Saturday, Oct. 15, so enter by Friday to make sure your name is in the drawing:
Here’s a list of all of the bloggers participating in #Choctoberfest 2016. Visit any of their blogs to get delicious chocolate recipes throughout the week:
The PinterTest Kitchen • 2 Cookin’ Mamas • A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures • addicted 2 recipes • Amy’s Cooking Adventures • An Affair From The Heart • Balancing Motherhood • Body Rebooted • Bottom Left of the Mitten • By the Pounds • Canning and Cooking at Home • Coconut & Lime • Cook with 5 Kids • Cook’s Hideout • Cookaholic Wife • Cooking with Carlee • CopyKat Recipes • Cricket’s Confections • Crumbs in my Mustachio • Elisabeth Jean • Fairyburger • Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice • Family Around the Table • Fantastical Sharing of Recipes • Feed Your Soul Too • Feeding Big • Frankly Entertaining • Full Belly Sisters • Get the Good Stuff • Grumpy’s Honeybunch • Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks • Hostess At Heart • Ink and Sugar • Jane’s Adventures in Dinner • Join Us, Pull Up a Chair • Karen’s Kitchen Adventures • Kate’s Recipe Box • Kudos Kitchen by Renee • Kylee Cooks • Letz Eat • Life Currents • Life on Food • Making Miracles • Monica’s Table • Moore or Less Cooking Food Blog • My Catholic Kitchen • My Gluten Free Miami • Our Good Life • Palatable Pastime • Restless Chipotle • Seduction in The Kitchen • Sew You Think You Can Cook • Simple Food 365 • Southern With A Twist • Sumptuous Spoonfuls • Take Two Tapas • Tampa Cake Girl • Teaspoon of Goodness • That Recipe • The Crumby Cupcake • The Flavourista • The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine • The Freshman Cook • The Pajama Chef • The Redhead Baker • The Spiffy Cookie • Tramplingrose • Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen • Zesty South Indian Kitchen
I’m looking forward to seeing all of the yummy recipes posted on these blogs. Check them out throughout the week and don’t forget to follow our sponsors and bloggers using the Rafflecopter giveaway widget above for your chance to win our sweet prize pack.
To start off the first day of Choctoberfest, I thought Mississippi Mud Brownies would be the best way to get our chocolate groove on! This recipe comes from my blogger friend, Melissa, from Melissa’s Southern Kitchen newest cookbook. I won the cookbook and was so excited to make these decadent, out of this world brownies!!
Our friends stayed with us this week, so I have been so happy to have a bakers assistant to help bake and eat these delicious brownies! Just look at that ooey gooey fudgy marshmallow brownie covered in toasted nuts!
There was silence when everyone was enjoying these brownies, they were enjoying them too much!
What you will need to make these brownies:Imperial Sugar, Divine 70 % Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar, pecans, walnuts, cream, eggs, vanilla, salt, flour, butter
Toast chopped walnuts and pecans
Chop up chocolate
Sift dry ingredients
melt butter and chocolate, add espresso powder and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients.
Pour batter into baking pan. Bake for 28-30 minutes.
Melt cream and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, until smooth and creamy.
Pour marshmallows over hot brownies, spread. pour 1/2 chopped nuts over melted marshmallows.
Decadent Fudgy Brownies topped with ooey-gooey marshmallows, toasted nuts and a fudgy chocolate ganache sauce.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 3/4 Imperial granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks salted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened Divine Chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1-10 ounce bag mimi marshmallows
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with Pam baking spray.
- Set aside.
- Spread chopped nuts on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Place in oven for 6-8 minutes. let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, sift flour, sugars and salt.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter in 20 second increments.Stir after each time.
- Add espresso powder and vanilla to chocolate mixture.
- Beat chocolate mixture with dry ingredients with a handheld mixer, add eggs, beat for one minute. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, or when a toothpick is inserted in the middle shows moist crumbs. Do not over bake.
- Remove from the oven, pour marshmallows on top and spread.
- sprinkle half of the nuts over the marshmallows.
- in a microwaveable safe bowl combine chocolate chips and cream, melt in 20 seconds increments, until smooth.
- Drizzle over top of brownies.
- Let cool to room temperature. Cut and serve.