At our home, everyone gets to choose a meal each week and since my daughter had her wisdom teeth removed, she chose this soft food choice. Chicken Alfredo Pasta is perfect comfort food when you aren’t feeling that well. Everyone loved it and the whole casserole dish disappeared quickly!
What Is Alfredo?
Alfredo is a creamy sauce made from butter and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Alfredo is best made and eaten straight away. You can use Alfredo for coating broccoli or, most famously, fettuccine. Here, we’re partnering it with pasta and golden crispy chicken breast for a dinner that can make even the most regular Thursday night feel special.
Just bake up a couple of chicken breasts, use any shape pasta you like, and make a cheesy yummy casserole! Serve with a delicious green salad!
Serving Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Chicken Alfredo is so rich and delicious, just serve it with broccoli or a light salad on the side. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools, be sure to have those sides ready before building the sauce. Remember that you can use this same basic sauce recipe to coat other pasta, proteins, or vegetables.
More Alfredo Recipes:
Nettie is a wife and mother who is passionate about cooking and baking. With 5 children, Nettie insists that all meals, snacks, and desserts come together quickly! You will find a wide variety of easy yet scrumptious recipes on her very popular website Moore or Less Cooking
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #mooreorlesscooking so I can see all the wonderful recipes that YOU make from this site!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I would love for you to leave a rating and a comment below! How’d you do?!
- 12 ounces ziti (or any pasta shape)
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (about 2 small chicken breasts)
- 1 batch alfredo sauce (see below)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I used 2% low fat)
- (optional toppings: additional shredded Parmesan cheese, chopped fresh parsley)
- Alfredo Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup low-fat milk (I used 1%)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cook the pasta al dente in a large stockpot of well-salted boiling according to package instructions. Drain. Return pasta to the stockpot and add chicken and alfredo sauce. Gently toss to combine until the pasta is evenly coated.
Pour half of the pasta into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of cheese. Layer the remaining half of the pasta evenly on top. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and just barely starts to turn golden. Remove and serve immediately, sprinkled with additional toppings if desired.
To Make The Alfredo Sauce:
Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute one minute, stirring occasionally, until fragrant. Sprinkle with flour, and stir to combine. Saute for an additional minute to cook the flour, stirring occasionally.
Slowly add chicken broth, whisking to combine until smooth. Whisk in milk, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let cook for an additional minute until thickened, then stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper until the cheese melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Pasta, Elbows, 48 Ounce
- 365 by Whole Foods Market, Shredded Cheese, Parmesan, 5 Ounce
- Organic Valley, Organic Low Fat Cultured Buttermilk, Pasteurized, Quart, 32 Ounces
- Stainless Steel Whisk
- Kitchen Basics All Natural Original Chicken Stock, 8.25 fl oz
- Organic Garlic, One Medium
- Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, First Cold Pressed, Mild and Delicate Flavor, Perfect for Sauteing and Stir-Frying, Naturally Gluten Free, Non-Allergenic, Non-GMO, 16 FL. OZ., Single Bottle
- LiveFresh Stainless Steel Micro-Perforated 5-Quart Colander - Professional Strainer with Heavy Duty Handles and Self-draining Solid Ring Base - Dishwasher Safe
- Cooks Standard 6-Quart Stainless Steel Stockpot with Lid
- Baking Dish
Amount Per Serving Calories 226Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 47mgSodium 486mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 14g