Strawberry season is here and I can’t get enough of these luscious farm- fresh- melt- in- your- mouth berries. I have 6 quarts of berries and I am not afraid to use them! Marinated berries in delicious Chambord ( Raspberry ) Liqueur brings out the fabulous flavors of the cake and berries.
Hubs loves strawberry shortcake, he has mentioned this to me many times….
We eat these so fast so I cut a quart up and added Chambord for a delicious treat!
My daughter’s friend brought me a freshly picked container of raspberries from her farm, I threw a couple in there for deliciousness!
LEMON POUND CAKE WITH STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM
Want MOORE Strawberry recipes?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Moist and delicious Lemon Pound Cake
- 1 package Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package instant lemon pudding and pie filling
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Strawberry Topping
- 1 1/2- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Chambord ( Raspberry Liqueur)
- Baking Directions for Lemon Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 10" tube pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Invert onto heat resistant serving plate. Cool completely.
- Directions for strawberries:
- In a bowl, combine strawberries, sugar and Chambord. Place in refrigerator while cake bakes.
- Slice cake, spoon strawberries on top of cake, add whipped topping or whipped cream, serve.
- Makes 12-14 servings