Pierogi Lasagna is made up of wonderful layers of fluffy mashed potatoes, bacon and cheeses in between lasagna noodles. It’s serious comfort food at it’s best.
Pierogis meet Italian food!
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK
AND PIN IT!
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST HERE!
Pure comfort food at it’s finest! This is my new favorite lasagna!
Anything with the word pierogi always gets my attention! When I was a young girl, I looked forward to the days that I would help my Grandmother make dozens upon dozens of pierogis. There would be hundreds of them stacked up on the dining room table. It was a sight for sore eyes. Eating a plate of them smothered with onions and a dollop of sour cream tasted like heaven to me.
Pierogies are heartwarming, rib-sticking dumplings filled with cheese, onions, bacon, and potatoes. Typically taking all day to make, this time-saving version produces just-as-delicious results.
If you love hot, cheesy potato pierogies then you’ll love this Cheesy Pierogi Lasagna with bacon and garlic! It’s everything you love in a pierogi but in the perfect potluck-friendly casserole.
YOU CAN ALWAYS SWAP THE CHEDDAR OUT FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL FAVORITE CHEESES, ANY COMBINATIONS WORK!
Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the bacon fat and cook until the onions are
translucent, stirring occasionally.
Would you like my recipe for the Best Mashed Potatoes? Here you go! My favorite Mashed Potatoes Recipe.
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Stir the cooked onions, garlic, sour cream, 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and cream cheese
into the mashed potatoes. Crumble and add 2 slices of the cooked bacon.
Mix all of the ingredients until combined.
Line or grease your casserole pan and lay down a layer of cooked noodles. Spread an even layer of the potato mixture over the top of the noodles – about 1 1/2 cups.
Add another layer of the lasagna noodles, then the remaining potato mixture, and a final layer of noodles.
Top with the remaining shredded cheese and cover with tinfoil.
Bake for 30minutes or until the lasagna appears to be cooked through. Remove the tinfoil and crumble the remaining strip of bacon over top of the lasagna.
Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes to get the cheese nicely melted.
Glass Baking Dish
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 package cream cheese (4 oz)
- 1 onion ( chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 slices bacon cooked
- 1/2 package lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F
- If using oven-ready lasagna noodles, soak them in water while you prepare the rest of the
- ingredients. If using regular noodles, cook them according to package directions.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until fully cooked and then remove to a paper-lined plate.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the bacon fat and cook until the onions are
- translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the cooked onions, garlic, sour cream, 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and cream cheese
- into the mashed potatoes. Crumble and add 2 slices of the cooked bacon.
- Line or grease your casserole pan and lay down a layer of cooked noodles.
- Spread an even layer of the potato mixture over the top of the noodles - about 1 1/2 cups.
- Add another layer of the lasagna noodles, then the remaining potato mixture, and a final
- layer of noodles.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheese and cover with tinfoil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the lasagna appears to be cooked through. Remove the tinfoil
- and crumble the remaining strip of bacon over top of the lasagna.
- Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes to get the cheese nicely melted.
Easy Skillet Lasagna
Alfredo Chicken Lasagna Rollups
Easy Lasagna Soup
Nettie is a wife and mother who is passionate about cooking and baking… especially when easy meals are involved! With 5 children, Nettie insists that all meals, snacks, and desserts come together quickly! Free email subscription. You will find a wide variety of easy yet scrumptious recipes on her very popular website Moore or Less Cooking
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN |INSTAGRAM|
Tuesday 9th of October 2018
Wow, that's a completely new take on pierogi! I've never tried them in this form before. I'm sure the bacon gives it that extra "oomph". Will try for sure :)
Wednesday 10th of October 2018
Thank you Kasia! I hope that you enjoy this recipe! Nettie
Raymond K Moore
Friday 28th of September 2018
Looks scrumptious! Can't wait to try it
Tuesday 2nd of October 2018
Thank you! Hope you get a chance to try it! Nettie