Marinated tender, juicy, grilled cilantro chicken with a sweet sauce glaze. This will be your favorite grilled chicken this summer! The flavors are fabulous!
Whew! It has been hot in Maine! Believe me, I am not complaining EVER about the heat after the winter we had. But still, there is no reason to cook in my kitchen. I will be one big sweat ball!
I can’t get enough of grilled chicken this summer. My gas grill and charcoal grill are working full time. I have an abundance of basil and cilantro growing in my vegetable garden and wanted to try a juicy marinated grilled chicken.
Marinade this chicken all day or overnight to get the most flavorful, melt in your mouth chicken! This marinade is absolutely delicious. I could eat it on everything!What you will need for this recipe: Chicken Thighs, Olive Oil, Cilantro, GarlicBlend all ingredients ( except chicken) in a Cuisinart or blender until smoothCover chicken thighs with marinade in a Ziploc and place in refrigerator for 12 hours or overnight.Grill chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side. Brush with sweet chili sauce.Serve on a platter! Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from RecipeGirl
- 3 pounds boneless,skinless chicken thighs, remove fat
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- Place chicken in a large zip bag.
- In a food processor, add olive oil, garlic, and cilantro.
- Blend until mixture is combined and smooth. Pour marinade over chicken in Ziploc.Squeeze air out of the bag and zip it closed.
- Knead marinade into chicken until it is completely covered. Marinate overnight or all day. Preheat grill to medium heat and coat grills with vegetable oil.
- Remove chicken from the bag and place on grill for 4 to 5 minutes on the first side.
- Try to get grill marks. Flip chicken and grill for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Serve chicken on a platter and brush the sweet chili sauce on top.
Massive Sway~ The Sits Girls