If you’re craving a sweet and salty treat, you’ll love this easy no-bake recipe for Fritos Candy. Corn chips are mixed with warm and sweet peanut butter syrup to create crunchy bite-sized treats. Drizzle with a little melted chocolate for an irresistible candy that everyone will love.
I remember as a kid always loving it when there was a snack-sized bag of Fritos in my lunchbox along with my usual PB & J sandwich. I’m surprised I didn’t think of opening the sandwich and stuffing a few Fritos in there with the peanut butter and jelly, but I guess I wasn’t that creative with food… yet!
But now I am and I love this brilliant combination of sweet and salty with a drizzle of chocolate for the perfect finish. I add sprinkles on top of it, too, for a festive touch.
With just 5 ingredients, this delightful candy practically makes itself. You just heat, stir and drop spoonfuls of this completely addicting candy onto parchment paper and wait impatiently for it to set. And you do want to wait because it’s deliciously worth it!
- Sugar – mixes with peanut butter and syrup to add sweetness.
- Light Corn Syrup – mixes with the sugar and peanut butter to help make a caramel-inspired sweet sauce that helps the corn chips stick together.
- Creamy Peanut Butter – nutty and salty, this mixes with the sugar and syrup for a flavorful sauce.
- Corn Chips – use Frito’s original chips for the best results.
- Chocolate Chips or Melting Chocolate – for the drizzle on top of each Fritos candy.
- Sprinkles (optional) – if you’re planning to gift these treats, especially during the holidays, festive sprinkles are a nice touch!
How To Make Fritos Candy
Note: This is a summary of the recipe steps. For complete instructions, see the recipe card down below.
- In a large pot, add the sugar, corn syrup, and peanut butter. Stir it to combine while cooking over medium heat.
- When it comes to a bubble (not a full boil) remove it from the heat.
- Gently stir in the corn chips, just enough to get them all lightly coated.
- Use a spoon to scoop out individual dollops onto a parchment-lined baking tray.
- You can make the candies as big or little as you like. I like to make them about 2 tablespoons worth.
- Let them set up for about 30 minutes.
- When ready to add the chocolate drizzle on top, melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments until smooth and melted.
- Use a fork to drizzle the chocolate over the candies.
- Top with sprinkles, if desired.
- Make sure you’re using original Fritos chips – not any variety that has BBQ or spicy flavors!
- I always opt for the traditional-sized Fritos, but you can use the scoop size, too.
- The smooth or chunky peanut butter will work. Just make sure you’re using the kind that’s already mixed and solid, not the peanut butter that has oil on the top that you need to mix yourself.
Here are some delicious inclusions that you might want to consider adding to the Fritos mix as you stir the warm peanut butter mixture in. Remember: less is more with inclusions, so just a smattering will make a big impact with these already delightful corn chip treats.
- M & Ms
- Broken pretzels
- Chopped peanuts
How To Make These Into Fritos Peanut Butter Bars
You’ll use the same ingredients but just assemble it slightly differently to make a solid Fritos Candy that you’ll cut into bars once it’s set. Here are the steps:
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Evenly spread the entire bag of corn chips in it. Set aside.
- Make the peanut butter, sugar, and corn syrup mixture according to the recipe.
- Pour the mixture slowly and carefully over all the Fritos that are in the baking dish to ensure that all the chips are covered.
- Do not stir – you want the mixture to sit on top and let it sink down on its own in between the Fritos.
- Let it all sit until it’s fully cool and set, usually for about an hour.
- I like to drizzle mine with melted chocolate before I slice it into bars or squares.
Store in an airtight container on your countertop for up to 5 days.
More No-Bake Crunchy Sweet Treats
If you're craving a sweet and salty treat, you'll love this easy no-bake recipe for Fritos Candy. Corn chips are mixed with warm and sweet peanut butter syrup to create crunchy bite-sized treats. Drizzle with a little melted chocolate for an irresistible candy that everyone will love.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 14 ounces corn chips (like fritos) I used a 9.25 ounce bag and a half
- 1 cup of chocolate chips or melting chocolate
- Sprinkles, optional
- Gather all Ingredients.
- In a large pot add the sugar, corn syrup, and peanut butter.
- Stir to combine and cook over medium heat until it comes to a bubble and everything is incorporated.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the corn chips, you want to gently toss them and just get them all lightly coated.
- Spoon them out onto a parchment-lined baking tray.
- You can make these as big or little as you like but I like to make them about 2 tablespoons worth.
- Let them set up for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl melt the chocolate in 30-second intervals until smooth and melted.
- Using a fork drizzle the chocolate over the candies.
- Top with sprinkles if desired.
- Serve once cooled completely.
Frito Candy may sound a little strange, but I promise it is a delicious combination of salty and sweet that everyone will love. A creamy, gooey base of peanut butter candy gets tossed with salty Fritos for a fabulous treat. Drizzle them with chocolate and top them with sprinkles and they are perfect for a holiday dessert tray or gifting.
These Frito Candies are like no other! Make a quick little caramel peanut butter base that is creamy and gooey without being sticky. It pairs perfectly with the salty, crunch Fritos creating a candy that has everything you could want. A drizzle of chocolate adds a little richness.
Tips and Tricks
- Store these in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Use chunky peanut butter for an extra crunch.
- Add white chocolate also to add even more chocolate than just a drizzle if you like.
- Use the large scoop Fritos if you prefer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Reynolds Kitchens Pop-Up Parchment Paper Sheets, 10.7x13.6 Inch, 30 Count
Wilton Holiday Sprinkles Assortment, 6.8 oz.
Ifuerte 10-Piece Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set
2 Quart Saucepan
Nestle Toll House, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip Morsels, 24 oz
Fritos Original Corn Chips, 1 Ounce (Pack of 40)
SKIPPY Peanut Butter Spread - Creamy - Natural - 15 Ounce
WholesWholesome Sweeteners Organic Light Corn Syrup, 11.2 oz. (Pack of 3)
Domino Sugar, Granulated, 4LB Canister
Amount Per Serving Calories 219Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 2mgSodium 67mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 2gSugar 28gProtein 4g