|Over the sliced potatoes, drizzle Olive Oil and season with Provencal spices, French salt and freshly ground pepper.|
|” Baby please don’t go, Baby please don’t go, Baby please don’t go down to New Orleans, you know I love you so, Baby please don’t go…….”|
Where I love to eat and shop and eat. Some of my favorite things-Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning, Beignets, Pralines, Crawfish Etouffee, Jumbalaya, Gumbo, Boudin. Time to make Easy Wok Salmon….But let’s take a look down memory lane in wonderful New Orleans…………
|Palm Reader- Looks about right. You will be doing a lot of traveling. You love to cook. You love to eat. You will be writing a Cooking Blog.|
|You will be painting. You will be traveling. You will be doing an awful amount of eating, better start running again!|
|My barbecuer’s dream apron, equipped with a bottle holder, stretchy attached bottle opener and oven mitt.|
|Flip over when brown and crispy about 7-10 minutes, cook skin side another 7-10 minutes.
On outdoor grill on medium – high gas heat, heat wok, add 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
Season salmon with Slap Ya Mama and Lawry’s seasonings. Carefully place salmon in oil. Flip after 7 1/2 minutes each side. Cook until salmon is crispy brown.
To make Wasabi Paste: Add 1 teaspoon Wasabi powder to 2 teaspoons water, add more water if you like like a thinner paste.
Drizzle Wasabi Paste and a squeeze of lemon over Salmon.
Serve with Easy Crispy Potatoes and Easy Tomatoes.
|Mojitos are a great drink with fresh clean ingredients|
|In a tall glass, add sugar and juice from 1/2 lime, if you have a muddler- Muddle it, if not, use the handle of a wooden spoon|
|If you are going to do it right- serve in a tall glass ( Collins Glass) -I don’t always do it right- If served in a smaller glass- I can have two!!|
2 ounces lime juice
4 mint leaves
2 ounces White Rum
2 ounces Club Soda
In a tall glass muddle sugar and lime, add mint leaves, muddle, add crushed ice, add Rum, add Club Soda.
|Stuff your Pizza Puffs with anything yummy! I used goat cheese, pesto, pepperoni, provolone, garlic, Parmesan, olive oil. Try any combos. Be creative.|
I made 12- for 2 adults and 2 kids- not enough- 3 each. I asked everyone what their favorite stuffing/topping was, they wanted my favorite-PESTO! Note to self- make an additional 1 dozen Pesto Pizza Puffs!
- Preheat oven to 475 F
- Spray Muffin Tins
- Stretch out pizza dough to make it as large as you can, pull off a golf ball size chunk, place in muffin tin, place ingredient in dough, pull dough over, top with topping choice.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pop Pizza Puff out of muffin tin, serve hot.
|My favorite – Raspberries – freshly picked from the Farmer’s Market. This is how dreams start, recipes are going through my head. Or, should I just eat them now?|
|Here she is Miss Ruby Raspberry! You go girl, work the camera, that’s right, you know you got it going on!|
|It’s a very serious job, serving pie… especially when the crowds started lining up by the hundreds . Kids, parents, grandparents, grand kids were methodically choosing their slices and excited about their sugared state of euphoria.|
|The ballots were tallied, my pie won “ Most Beautiful Pie” ! Miss Ruby Raspberry- you are the most beautiful- you too Miss Pamela Peach!|
Saving and Printing Instructions
For completely ad-free recipes follow the instructions below.
For Just Printing the Recipe –
1. Highlight the recipe you want to save with your mouse. (This can be done from your email as well.)
2. Click on Print in the file menu or on the Printer icon.
3. In the Page Range Area select the Selection button.
4. Hit Print.
This will only print what you have selected.
Waffles are my weekend morning dish. Extra time for making and eating- no rushing. Drizzle syrup or add fresh fruit and whipped cream.
Easy Home Made Waffles. Get yourself a waffle maker. Most modern waffle makers are non stick, if it isn’t, spray non-stick vegetable oil lightly or brush lightly with oil.
When the light indicator is ready, pour batter. The light indicator will go on again and the waffle will be steaming and you will smell deliciousness. The first waffle often sticks. Thin batter makes tender waffles.
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix the eggs, milk, and oil in a large bowl.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt and mix until blended.
- Heat the waffle iron, brush or spray oil lightly if necessary.
- Pour in enough batter to just fill.
- Close until the steaming stops and waffles are crisp, tender and brown.
Makes 8 Adapted from Fannie Farmer
Griddlecakes The amount of milk that is used will determine how thick the griddlecakes are. Start with the smaller amount, then add more if too thick. Use room temperature milk for best results. Do not over beat, a few lumps in the batter is fine. Serve with warm maple syrup.
You say Hotcakes, I say Griddlecakes, you say pancakes, who cares! Just don’t be late for breakfast!
- 1/2-3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries ( fresh or frozen)
- butter for the griddle
- Beat the milk, butter, and egg lightly in mixing bowl.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and add all at once to the first mixture, stirring just enough to dampen the flour. Add Blueberries.
- Lightly butter a griddle or frying pan and set over moderate heat.
- For small griddlecakes drop 2 tablespoons of the batter on the pan.
- Bake on the griddle until the cakes are bubbly on the top and undersides are lightly browned.
- Turn with the spatula and brown the other sides.
- Place finished griddlecakes on a warm plate in a 200*F oven until there is enough to begin serving.
- Makes 16 Griddlecakes
|Easy Cheese Steak Sub|
There are two words that I love together- Cheese and Steak. I am not a big meat eater- but I really like it covered with veggies and cheese. Oozy Gooey goodness melt in your mouth deliciousness. It really is that good and oh so easy.
Melt butter in a saute pan.
Season cube steaks with Lawry’s Seasoned Salt and Garlic Powder.
Chop 1 onion and a 1/2 large green pepper
Brown front and back sides of roll.
Place a slice of cheese on each steak. Melt. Give me one loaded with veggies and cheese!
Delicious wonderfulness- I feel like saying ( like the food channel chefs) ,” Oh! I wish you could smell this!” it really does smell so good, everyone that walks into your kitchen will be so excited.
- 4 Cube Steaks
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/2 large pepper sliced
- 4 Hoagie Rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- Garlic Powder
- On medium heat, place 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in saute pan . Add veggies. Cook until soft.
- Season Cube Steaks, place on top of veggies. Cook Cube Steak 3-4 minutes each side. After cooked add 1 slice cheese. Melt.
- Cut rolls in half and butter both sides. Brown front and back.
- Place steak on roll. Mangia, Mangia! Eat, eat!!! Enjoy.
Easy Tabbouleh- One of my summer college jobs was a waitress at a wonderful Middle Eastern Restaurant. I also helped prepare appetizers and entrees and dessert. One of my favorite’s is the appetizer Tabbouleh.It is made with Bulgar wheat, tomatoes, cucumber and fresh mint. It can be a salad too, just add feta and Greek olives. Serve with pita or Naan bread, grilled. It is fresh, filling and packed with incredible flavor. This is great made ahead as a snack or a mini – meal that you can enjoy all weekend. The flavors keep getting better every day- if it lasts that long!
Fresh tomatoes, mint, garlic, cucumbers
Beautiful Bulgar- everything is beautiful- in it’s own way!
Seed the cucumber, perfectly clean like a cucumber boat.. Another great idea, get another cucumber and use that to serve Tabbouleh in!
Fresh mint really adds a punch of flavor. Plus fresh garlic. No colds this Fall!
I love mint. Take a piece and chew on it. Put some in ice water, gets rid of depression….
Squeeze the juice of half a lemon. Love my antique fruit juicer that my brother in law gave me.
- 1 cup Bulgar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 5 garlic cloves peeled
- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 medium tomatoes or 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 medium cucumber seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons mint chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Place Bulgar in a large bowl. Stir in boiling water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- . Meanwhile, place garlic on a double thickness of heavy duty foil. Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Wrap foil around garlic, Bake at 425 F for 15-20 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain Bulgar well, transfer to a large serving bowl. Stir in tomatoes, cucumber, onion and mint. Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl and mash. Whisk in lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining oil. .
- Toss to Coat..