Poke cakes are so delicious and fun to make. If you love moist delicious cakes, then this cake is for you.
My kids were going at this as soon as it was cooled off. The combination of the vanilla bean and crushed pineapple makes me feel like I am in the tropics. If I could just get the weather to be 20 degrees warmer, then it would be Paradise!
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK
AND PIN IT!
What is a Poke Cake?
It’s just like the name implies, you literally poke holes in the cake. I like to use the handle of a wooden spoon, it’s the perfect shape for making holes. You want them to be big enough to soak up liquid. Then you pour whatever filling that you are making into the holes you just created and top with
It finally feels like Spring here in Maine with 75 degrees temperature, so I am not complaining at all. Lunches on the bay, with a cool breeze. Happy Hours on the weekends with friends, I can feel summer right around the corner.
What is a Bundt Cake?
A Bundt cake is any type of cake that is baked in a Bundt pan. You may be eye-rolling or saying “C’mon Nettie…duh,” but there are quite a few differences between a Bundt and regular cake pan. To start, Bundts can come in all different shapes, sizes, and designs (though round with grooved edges is really the most popular).
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION HERE
A very dear friend gave me this recipe years ago and I have made it many times. Very popular, easy to make and the compliments keep coming. A great potluck dessert.
This Pineapple Cake from scratch is a tropical dream come true! It’s an easy to make, seriously moist, deliciously fluffy, homemade pineapple cake. Yes I even dare say, it’s the best pineapple cake!
I did want to try fresh pineapple in the cake but I chose to stick with the canned for a softer texture and more consistent result.
Check out my newest video! It’s so easy it is to make this delicious Pineapple bundt Poke Cake!
I made this for Easter and everyone said it was amazing! I made mine in a bundt pan. They were asking for the recipe.
This would be the perfect dessert to serve this Easter Sunday. Or make it for your mom/dad/spouse/partner/grandmas/grandpas birthday – it is a cake everyone will love!
I know because my whole family totally loved it, we ate it for 3 days in a row and couldn’t get enough.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Drain pineapple; measure ¾ cup juice to use with cake mix.
- Reserve remaining juice for the soaking mixture.
- Beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and ¾ cup pineapple juice in large bowl with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Scrape half of the vanilla bean pod; combine with cake batter or mix 1 tablespoon vanilla extract into the cake batter.
- Fold in crushed pineapple.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 38 to 42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Soaking Mixture:
- Combine remaining pineapple juice, powdered sugar and melted butter in a small bowl while the cake is baking.
- Scrape the other half of vanilla bean pod and mix with juice mixture or stir in remaining 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- Remove cake from oven and set on a wire rack.
- Poke holes in cake with skewer at ½-inch intervals while still hot and in the pan.
- Pour soaking mixture over cake (NOTE: if soaking mixture begins to pool, poke additional holes in the cake).
- Allow to cool in pan 30 to 40 minutes, then flip cake upside down onto serving platter; remove pan.
- Cool completely then drizzle with glaze, if desired.
- Confectioner’s Glaze: Combine ½ cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon cold milk; whisk until completely combined. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to use.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nettie is a wife and mother who is passionate about cooking and baking… especially when easy meals are involved! With 5 children, Nettie insists that all meals, snacks, and desserts come together quickly! You will find a wide variety of easy yet scrumptious recipes on her very popular website Moore or Less Cooking
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN |INSTAGRAM|