You’ll love these quick and easy apple pie slices cooked to perfection with the help of your air fryer. This scrumptious dessert takes fresh apple slices and wraps them in a buttery cinnamon sugar crescent dough before air frying them to deliciousness.
You won’t believe how easy and quick this apple recipe is to make! Your kids can even help with the assembly, and they’ll want to stick around for the short 6-minute session that it takes to cook these in the air fryer!
With minimal ingredients of apples, refrigerated crescent rolls, butter, cinnamon, and sugar, you’ve got all the makings of an apple pie dessert that’s perfect for fall and beyond. Since apples are widely available year-round, there’s really no reason not to make this whenever you need an easy dessert for guests, parties, or a delightful apple snack in the middle of the day.
And with the sweet addition of cinnamon, spice, and everything nice (like butter!) you’ve got that cozy taste of apple pie without all the work of making an actual pie. What could be better?
Apples – almost any variety will do, and you don’t even need to peel them!
Crescent Rolls – you’ll need 1 can of the refrigerated dough.
Butter – I like to use unsalted.
Sugar- white granulated is great.
Ground Cinnamon – you need this spice to make it taste like apple pie!
Caramel – use your favorite jarred sauce, for drizzling. It’s optional, but it is a sweet addition!
How To Make Air Fryer Apple Pie Slices
- Preheat your air fryer to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. My favorite air fryer.
- Wash and slice the apples (you can leave the peels on) into 8 slices each.
- Roll out the crescents and cut each triangle in half length-wise, so you end up with 2 crescent roll triangles.
- Place one apple slice in each triangle and roll up.
- Spray the air fryer basket or line it with parchment paper specifically for the air fryer.
- Place however many apple bundles that will fit in the air fryer, making sure they do not touch. Cook in batches if need be.
- Melt the butter.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush each apple bundle with butter.
- Sprinkle each with just a bit of cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the air fryer at 320 degrees for about 6 minutes. Each air fryer is different so you might want to start checking at 5 minutes and cook for longer if need be.
- Serve warm on top of ice cream with a caramel drizzle.
Can I Make These In A Regular Oven or Toaster Oven?
Of course! If you don’t have an air fryer, add the apple bundles to a parchment-lined baking sheet, foil or use a Silpat liner, and bake at 350 degrees F. Typically, in a conventional oven, they will take longer to cook. Start watching them at about the 8-minute mark, making sure they aren’t over-browning.
Which Variety Of Apples Should I Use?
Honestly, just about any will work! However, Granny Smith apples are always a good baking choice and retain their sweetly tart flavor even when baked. Here’s a list of others that are equally tasty and hold up well to being baked.
- Golden Delicious – sweet with buttery tones
- Braeburn – aromatic, crisp, and tart
- Honey Crisp – sweet and crisp flavor
- Gala – mellow and sweet
- Pink Lady – tannic notes mingle perfectly with its sweetness
- Jonagold – sweet, tangy, and crisp flavors
- Winesap – sweet and spicy
- Ida Reds – tangy and sweet
Variations And Additions
Brown Sugar And Cinnamon Inside
For extra scrumptiousness, brush melted butter on the inside of the crescent triangles and sprinkle brown sugar and ground cinnamon on them before adding the apple slices and rolling up.
If you love nuts, add finely chopped pecans to the crescent triangles before adding the apple slices.
Try this recipe with pears! Works the same way, but with the more delicate flavor of pears. Or mix and match the recipe – half pears, half apples.
How To Serve Air Fryer Apple Pie Slices
While absolutely delicious on their own, these apple pie bites are the perfect accompaniment to a bowl of vanilla ice cream. Add them on top of several scoops and enjoy!
I also love these apple pie crescent roll slices with a drizzle of caramel sauce on top. Just use your favorite jarred sauce, maybe warm it a little in the microwave before drizzling it over the apple bites. It’s the quintessential fall flavor combination of apples, cinnamon, and caramel.
If you love nuts, add chopped nuts to the warm caramel sauce (so they’ll stick and not fall off) before drizzling over the apple pie crescent roll slices.
Cooked apple pie slices can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days. They’re amazing straight out of the fridge, but you can quickly reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes at 320 degrees F. I do not recommend reheating in the microwave.
More Apple Recipes
You'll love these quick and easy apple pie slices cooked to perfection with the help of your air fryer. This scrumptious dessert takes fresh apple slices and wraps them in a buttery cinnamon sugar crescent dough before air frying them to deliciousness.
- 2 apples, your favorite kind
- 1 can crescent roll
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- Caramel for drizzling (optional)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Slice apples into 8 slices each.
- Roll out crescents and cut each triangle in half length-wise, so there are 2 crescent roll triangles.
- Place one apple slice in each triangle and roll it up.
- Line or spray the air fryer basket. I like to use parchment papers they sell for the air fryer.
- Place however many will fit in your size air fryer making sure they do not touch.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Brush each one with butter.
- Sprinkle with just a bit of cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake in the air fryer at 320 degrees for about 6 minutes. Each air fryer is a bit different so start checking at 5 minutes and cook for longer if needed.
- Serve warm on top of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
DOWAN Soup Bowls - 22 Oz Porcelain Large Soup Bowl, Cereal Bowl, Dishwasher and Microwave Safe Bowl Set of 4, Multifunction Colorful Kitchen Bowls for Soup, Cereal, Salad, Pasta, Cool Assorted Color
Ifuerte 10-Piece Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set
Ghirardelli Caramel Flavored Sauce 17 oz. bottle
Pillsbury Crescents, Original, 8 Rolls, 8 oz. Can
McCormick Ground Cinnamon, 2.37 oz
Domino Sugar, Granulated, 4LB Canister
Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Unsalted Butter Sticks, 16 oz. (4 Four Oz. Sticks)
Amount Per Serving Calories 213Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 32mgSodium 135mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 2gSugar 17gProtein 2g