This cake is like taking the filling of a cannoli and spreading it over a cake! It’s a light fluffy white cake with creamy mascarpone and ricotta frosting with mini chocolate chips sprinkled all over.
My favorite dessert is Cannoli. The closest Italian bakery is about 2 hours from us, so If I want a cannoli, I better make them myself. I decided to make a Cannoli Poke Cake. If you haven’t made a poke cake before, now is your chance! Serve this cake with an Espresso.
This cake looks like it took a lot of effort, you will be so pleased to see how simple it is to make. It’s perfect for a holiday gathering or potluck.
Make a white cake from a box or scratch. I was in a hurry and used a box mix. You can always make a white cake from scratch.
When the cake is completely cooled, using chopsticks, poke holes in the cake.
Pour half of a can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake, spread with a spatula.
Make the cake frosting with ricotta, mascarpone, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Top with mini chocolate chips.
Whip up all the frosting ingredients until they are light and fluffy.
Spread the whipped frosting all over the cake.
Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over cake.
Let the cake sit.
Sprinkle powdered sugar over cake.
Get ready to slice into this gorgeous cake.
Slice cake immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve!
Get your fork and dig in! This is such a wonderful cake to make for any occasion. You really don’t need an occasion for cake, do you?
This simple cake can be ready in under an hour.
Let me know what you think about this cake when you make it!
What is a cannoli?
Cannoli is an Italian pastry filled with sweet ricotta cheese.
How long does it take to make a poke cake?
Under an hour to make.
Why is it called a poke cake?
Using a fork or chopsticks, poke holes in the cake. This cake is filled with sweetened condensed milk.
More Poke Cakes that you may like:
- Christmas Poke Cake
- Red Velvet Poke Cake
- White Chocolate Peppermint Poke Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake Poke Cake
- PINEAPPLE BUNDT POKE CAKE
- Pineapple Coconut Poke Bundt Cake
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #mooreorlesscooking so I can see all the wonderful recipes that YOU make from this site!
Nettie is a wife and mother who is passionate about cooking and baking… especially when easy meals are involved! With five children, Nettie insists that all meals, snacks, and desserts come together quickly! You will find a wide variety of easy yet scrumptious recipes on her very popular website Moore or Less Cooking
Did You Make This Recipe?
I would love for you to leave a rating and a comment below! How’d you do?!
Fluffy white cake with a creamy mascarpone frosting covered with mini chocolate chips.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 can 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar for dusting
- According to directions, prepare a white cake mix in a 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- When cake is done, allow to cool completely on a cake rack.
- Using a chop stick, poke holes in cake about 1 inch apart. You should have rows of poke holes in the cake.
- Pour 1/2 of the can of condensed milk over the cake, using a spatula to smooth it out.
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta, mascarpone,vanilla and the rest of sweetened condensed milk, beating until smooth with a hand mixer.
- Add the powdered sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the frosting over the cake.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over cake.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on cake.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.