You’ll love these easy crescent roll sticks that are stuffed with ham and cheese and baked to warm and melty goodness. Brushed with a zesty and buttery sauce, these Ham and Cheddar Sticks are irresistible as an appetizer, snack, or meal option.
You can’t go wrong with these easy to make Ham and Cheddar Sticks that are always a hit with kids as well as adults. Plus, they can be sliced into bite-sized appetizers or snacks or be plated as a quick breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Ham and cheese is always a tasty duo and here, they’re encased in crescent dough sheets that are rolled up lengthwise, rather than on a triangle or in a pinwheel. I love making them this way because they can double as a sandwich. And, they’re also easy for the kids to help with. In fact, older kids can easily make and bake them on their own as an after-school snack.
They’re also great for leftover ham from the holidays! I give you some tasty variations for these Ham and Cheddar Sticks down below, so stock up on your crescent dough sheets because you’ll be making these regularly!
Crescent Dough Sheets – You want the original crescent dough sheets.
Ham Slices – I like to use the deli sliced ham.
Cheese Sticks – I like to use cheddar.
Butter – Melted, for the sauce.
Worcestershire Sauce – To help flavor the sauce.
Dijon Mustard – To add zest to the sauce.
Dried Minced Onion – Or onion powder, to help flavor the sauce.
Poppy Seeds – For the sauce.
How To Make Ham And Cheddar Sticks
Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with non-stick foil, parchment paper, or a Silpat liner.
Cut: Roll out the crescent dough sheets and cut each one into 4 pieces so you will have 8 pieces, in total.
Assemble: Add the ham slices on top of each piece of dough and top each with a cheddar stick.
Fold: Begin by folding in the ends of each one and then roll to seal the bottom.
Make The Sauce: In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, onion, and poppy seeds. Brush the butter mixture over each stick.
Bake: Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
It’s so easy to experiment and customize this recipe! There are so many options. Here are a few delicious ideas.
- Meat: Any deli-sliced meat will work with this recipe and with the sauce. Swap out the ham for sliced turkey, chicken, or even roast beef. You can also use leftover cooked meat. If possible, shred it or slice it thinly for the best results.
- Cheese: Cheddar goes with just about any meat and is perfect for kids who are picky eaters. However, if you’re making it for adults or kids who are more adventurous, swap it out and try Swiss, Mozzarella, Pepperjack, Colby, or smoked Gouda. You can also use cheese slices or grated cheese instead of cheese sticks.
- Sauce: The sauce is what gives these Ham And Cheddar Sticks that final flavor boost that makes them irresistible. Change it up by leaving out the poppy seeds altogether, or swapping them out for Everything Bagel seasoning. For picky eaters who don’t like strong flavors, just melted butter will do!
How To Serve Ham And Cheddar Sticks
- As Appetizers: Bake as directed and slice into 1 1/2″ – 2″ pieces for bite-sized party appetizers.
- For Snacks: Potato chips are always a favorite side item.
- For A Meal: To turn these delicious ham and cheddar sticks into a meal, I like to serve them with potato salad, or this make-ahead broccoli salad. French Fries are always a favorite or even twice-baked potatoes.
Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days in an airtight container. Reheat in the oven or an air fryer.
Nettie is a wife and mother who is passionate about cooking and baking. With 5 children, Nettie insists that all meals, snacks, and desserts come together quickly! You will find a wide variety of easy yet scrumptious recipes on her viral website Moore or Less Cooking
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #mooreorlesscooking so I can see all the wonderful recipes that YOU make from this site!
You'll love these easy crescent roll sticks that are stuffed with ham and cheese and baked to warm and melty goodness. Brushed with a zesty and buttery sauce, these Ham and Cheddar Sticks are irresistible as an appetizer, snack, or meal option.
- 2 tubes crescent dough sheets
- 1 pound deli sliced ham slices
- 8 cheddar cheese sticks
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon dried minced onion or onion powder
- ½ tablespoon poppy seeds
- Gather all of the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out your crescent dough sheets and cut each one into 4 pieces so you will have 8 pieces total.
- Separate the ham evenly between the 8 pieces of dough.
- Add a cheddar stick on top of the ham on each one.
- Fold in the ends of each one and then roll to seal the bottom.
- Place the sticks on a greased foil or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix together the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, onion, and poppy seeds.
- Brush the butter mixture over each stick.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
Tips and Tricks
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- These reheat great in the oven or air fryer.
- You can substitute leftover ham or even deli turkey for these.
- I love ham and cheddar but feel free to use whatever cheese stick flavor you like.
- Cheese sticks are best for this recipe because you get a good amount of gooey cheese that way.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Poppy Seeds, 3.5 Ounces
McCormick Onion Powder, 2.62 oz
365 by Whole Foods Market, Organic Mustard, Dijon, 8 Ounce
Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce All Natural Kosher - Pack of 2 Bottles - 20oz Each !
365 Everyday Value, Unsalted Butter, 16 oz
Pillsbury Crescents, Original, 8 Rolls, 8 oz. Can
Amount Per Serving Calories 275Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 84mgSodium 846mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 20g