A fun bundt poke cake using fresh strawberries puts a new spin on strawberry shortcake! Moist delicious yellow bundt cake with fresh strawberries poking through and a cream cheese glaze topped with fresh berries.
We were at my grand daughter’s christening and my daughter in law ordered the most delicious Baptism cake. Hubs ate two very large pieces! I couldn’t wait to come home and recreate it! I think it came out so tasty!
Only 3 easy ingredients needed to make the strawberry mixture for poking.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK
AND PIN IT!
Poke holes with a wooden spoon.
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION HERE
Refrigerate in pan for 2 hours in the refrigerator. Drizzle glaze over cake. Garnish with sliced strawberries.
A fun bundt poke cake using fresh strawberries puts a new spin on strawberry shortcake!
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 5 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 3 eggs
- Strawberry Poke Mixture:
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Spray a 12 cup bundt cake pan with Pam or Bakers Spray.
- In a large bowl beat cake ingredients with an electric mixer on Low for 1 minute, keep scraping bowl.
- Raise speed to medium beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend poke mixture until blended and smooth.
- Pour into a 4 cup measuring cup and set aside.
- Poke holes in the cake while still in the pan, Pour mixture over holes in the cake, using a spoon to direct the mixture. Poke more holes if you have leftover strawberry mixture.
- Let cool for 40 minutes, then place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator, run a plastic knife around the edges of pan to loosen the cake. Turn upside down on to a serving platter.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese glaze ingredients together until smooth with a hand blender on low speed, add more milk one tbsp at a time, if you would like the consistency to not be so thick.
- Glaze cake as desired and garnish with strawberries. Keep refrigerated.
More Strawberry Recipes
Nettie is a wife and mother who is passionate about cooking and baking… especially when easy meals are involved! With 5 children, Nettie insists that all meals, snacks, and desserts come together quickly! You will find a wide variety of easy yet scrumptious recipes on her very popular website Moore or Less Cooking
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN |INSTAGRAM|