A fun bundt poke cake using fresh strawberries puts a new spin on strawberry shortcake! Moist delicious yellow bundt cake with fresh strawberries poking through and a cream cheese glaze topped with fresh berries.
We were at my grand daughter’s christening and my daughter in law ordered the most delicious Baptism cake. Hubs ate two very large pieces! I couldn’t wait to come home and recreate it! I think it came out so tasty!
Only 3 easy ingredients needed to make the strawberry mixture for poking.
Poke holes with a wooden spoon.
Refrigerate in pan for 2 hours in refrigerator. Drizzle glaze over cake. Garnish with sliced strawberries.
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 5 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 3 eggs
- Strawberry Poke Mixture:
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cream Cheese Glaze:
- ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Spray a 12 cup bundt cake pan with Pam or Bakers Spray.
- In a large bowl beat cake ingredients with an electric mixer on Low for 1 minute, keep scraping bowl. Raise speed to medium, beat for 2 minutes. Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend poke mixture until blended and smooth.
- Pour into a 4 cup measuring cup and set aside.
- Poke holes in the cake while still in the pan, Pour mixture over holes in cake, using a spoon to direct the mixture. Poke more holes if you have leftover mixture.
- Let cool for 40 minutes, then place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator, run a plastic knife around the edges of pan to loosen the cake. Turn upside down on to a serving platter.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese glaze ingredients together until smooth,with a hand blender on low speed, add more milk one tbsp at a time, if you would like the consistency to not be so thick.
- Glaze cake as desired and garnish with strawberries. Keep refrigerated.