If you love the cozy gingerbread flavors of cinnamon, ginger, and molasses, then this holiday candy recipe is for you! This easy Gingerbread Fudge takes just minutes to prepare for a creamy and sweetly spiced candy that’s perfect for Christmas.
Whether you make this Gingerbread Fudge to have on hand as a sweet treat for your family or to give as an edible holiday gift, you’ll love how simple it is to make and how scrumptious it is to enjoy! These bite-sized morsels of delight are infused with all the warming spices that define gingerbread. And the best part? There’s a surprise ingredient that captures all those comforting flavors in one easily prepared mix!
Gingerbread is a classic for the holidays and I love to make it in many forms, such as my adorable Gingerbread Snowman Truffles which kids (and adults!) adore, my Frosted Gingerbread Cookies which are perfect for holiday cookie platters, and of course, the traditional Gingerbread Loaf that’s always a favorite.
Add this simple Gingerbread Fudge to your list of yummy sweet treats this season and expect rave reviews from friends and family. Oh, and keep the ingredients on hand because you’ll probably be making more than one batch!
White Chocolate Chips – Use your favorite brand.
Sweetened Condensed Milk – Adds creaminess and sweetness to the fudge.
Gingerbread Cookie Mix – The surprise ingredient! If you can’t find it as a cookie mix, get a gingerbread cake mix instead.
Gingerbread-themed Sprinkles – To decorate the top of the fudge.
Gingerbread Spice Mix – This is an optional ingredient to add to the fudge mixture if you want a stronger gingerbread flavor.
How To Make Gingerbread Fudge
STEP 1: Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
STEP 2: Heat-treat the cookie mix by placing it in a wide bowl and microwaving for 1 minute on high. Whisk to loosen up the mix.
STEP 3: If you’re using the gingerbread spice mix, add it to the cookie mix and whisk until fully combined.
STEP 4: Add the white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk to a medium mixing bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until the chocolate chips turn smooth and creamy when stirred. Stir the chocolate mixture until it’s fully combined.
STEP 5: Add the cookie mix to the chocolate mix and use a rubber spatula to stir vigorously until it’s fully combined.
STEP 6: Pour the gingerbread fudge mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly, tapping the pan on the counter to flatten it.
STEP 7: Add the decorative sprinkles to the top of the fudge.
STEP 8: Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours or until set.
STEP 9: Slice into squares and enjoy!
Why Do I Need To Microwave The Cookie Mix?
There is some evidence to show that consuming raw flour can be linked to bacteria such as E. coli. By heating (or microwaving) the flour mix before using it in a non-baking recipe, such as this one for gingerbread fudge, it’s a safe idea to expose it to heat. For this recipe, I recommend heat-treating the cookie mix by placing it in a wide bowl and microwaving it for 1 minute on high. Be sure to whisk to loosen up the mix so it’s all exposed to the heat. Once you’ve microwaved the mix, continue with the recipe as written.
Decorative Topping Ideas
- Sprinkles: I like to use these adorable mini gingerbread men as well as other festive sprinkles to decorate the top of the fudge. Gently press them into the fudge so they’ll adhere. Here’s a version of the gingerbread men with red, white, and green sprinkles included.
- Sanding Sugars: I also love the idea of these gold, silver, and white sanding sugars as a decorative topping. Just a sprinkle of each with a mini gingerbread man would be perfect.
- Crushed Cookies: Elevate the gingerbread flavor and add a little crunch by sprinkling on finely crushed gingerbread man cookies. Delish!
- White Chocolate Drizzle: Melt more white chocolate chips in the microwave and dip a fork in it before drizzling in a zigzag pattern over the fudge.
How To Make Homemade Gingerbread Spice Mix
No need to purchase a pre-made gingerbread spice mix when you can easily make your own. Just combine the following in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Be sure and store it in a glass spice container to use throughout the holiday season.
- 2 Tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons of ground ginger
- 2 Tablespoons of ground allspice
- 1 Tablespoons of ground cloves
- 1 Tablespoons of ground nutmeg
Can I Make This Fudge In Molds?
Absolutely! How cute would these mini molds of Christmas trees and gingerbread men be for this fudge?
Store fudge in an air-tight container on the countertop for up to 5 days or in the fridge for up to 10 days. You can also freeze the fudge, wrapped tightly and stored in a freezer-safe container for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge or on the countertop.
More Delicious Fudge Recipes
Nettie is a wife and mother who is passionate about cooking and baking. With 5 children, Nettie insists that all meals, snacks, and desserts come together quickly! You will find a wide variety of easy yet scrumptious recipes on her viral website Moore or Less Cooking
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #mooreorlesscooking so I can see all the wonderful recipes that YOU make from this site!
If you love the cozy gingerbread flavors of cinnamon, ginger and molasses, then this holiday candy recipe is for you! This easy Gingerbread Fudge takes just minutes to prepare for a creamy and sweetly spiced candy that's perfect for Christmas.
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1 cup Gingerbread Cookie Mix
- Gingerbread Themed Sprinkles
- 1 Teaspoon Gingerbread Spice Mix (optional)
- Items Needed:
- 8x8 Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Medium Microwave-Safe Mixing Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- Gather all of the ingredients.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Heat treat your cookie mix by placing it in a wide bowl and microwaving for 1 minute on high. Whisk to loosen up the mix.
- If you’re using the gingerbread spice mix, add it to the cookie mix and whisk until fully combined.
- Place the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a medium mixing bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until the chocolate chips turn smooth and creamy when stirred.
- Fully stir the chocolate mixture until it’s fully combined.
- Add the cookie mix to the chocolate mix and use a rubber spatula to stir vigorously until it’s fully combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and spread even, tapping the pan on the counter to flatten it.
- Add your sprinkles to the top of the fudge.
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours or until set.
- Slice into ½-inch slices and enjoy!
- Heating the mix is just a safety precaution.
- Do not just try to spray your pan with nonstick spray and skip the parchment paper. This does not work and you’ll have a heck of a time getting your fudge out. Parchment paper is the only way to go. NOT wax paper either.
- If you want a stronger gingerbread flavor, go ahead and use the optional gingerbread spice mix. If you don’t have a gingerbread spice mix, you can do half a teaspoon of cinnamon and a half teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Once the fudge has started to set, don’t move it or it will wrinkle it and make it not look as pretty.
- If you can’t find a gingerbread cookie mix, a gingerbread cake mix is fine as well.
- I use name-brand chocolate chips because they are nicer to work with and provide a much better taste outcome.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Spice Enthusiast Gingerbread Spice - 4 oz
Christmas sprinkles | Sprinkles | Christmas jimmies | Cookie sprinkles
Gingerbread Cookie Mix Bundle. Includes Two-17.5 Oz Boxes of Krusteaz Gingerbread Cookie Mix! Also Perfect as Gingerbread Cake Mix! The Perfect Christmas Cookies! Comes With a BELLATAVO Fridge Magnet!
Carnation Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 fl oz
Ghirardelli Classic White Chocolate Premium Baking Chips - 11 oz. (312g), Pack of 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 190Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 12mgSodium 76mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 0gSugar 20gProtein 2g