This is the BEST Carrot Cake! An incredibly moist carrot cake recipe with an ultra-creamy cream cheese frosting!
Author: Moore or Less Cooking
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 12 pieces
This is the BEST Carrot Cake Recipe EVER!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1¼ cups vegetable oil
- 4 unbeaten eggs
- 3 cups grated carrots
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 stick butter- softened
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans ( optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease tube pan or two cake pans.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, sift these ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream oil, sugar, and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture.
- Fold in carrots.
- Pour batter into tube pan or two cake pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a tube pan or 30 minutes in cake pans or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on cooling rack.
- Invert cake onto a plate, let cool completely before frosting.
- Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
- With a hand mixer or Kitchen Aid, blend butter, cream cheese, and vanilla. On low speed, add 1 cup of sugar, mix until blended, add another cup of sugar.
- Frost cakes.
- Sprinkle nuts on top of frosting.