This is the BEST Carrot Cake! An incredibly moist carrot cake recipe with an ultra-creamy cream cheese frosting!
Check out my YOUTUBE Video! Make sure to Follow me on YOUTUBE and not miss my newest videos!
Seriously….THE BEST Carrot Cake!! Hands down, no more discussion!!
Author: Moore or Less Cooking
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 12 pieces
This is the BEST Carrot Cake Recipe EVER!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1¼ cups vegetable oil
- 4 unbeaten eggs
- 3 cups grated carrots
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 stick butter- softened
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans ( optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease tube pan or two cake pans.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, sift these ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream oil, sugar, and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture.
- Fold in carrots.
- Pour batter into tube pan or two cake pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a tube pan or 30 minutes in cake pans or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on cooling rack.
- Invert cake onto a plate, let cool completely before frosting.
- Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
- With a hand mixer or Kitchen Aid, blend butter, cream cheese, and vanilla. On low speed, add 1 cup of sugar, mix until blended, add another cup of sugar.
- Frost cakes.
- Sprinkle nuts on top of frosting.