An easy and comforting Sausage and Peppers Roll that kids and adults love.
|Being a food blogger, I look at recipes all day and make a mental note to try the recipe. I read through the ingredient list and then go on my merry way. That is what I did with this recipe from Walking On Sunshine. After going to the market and starting to make this recipe, I noticed that I had forgotten three key ingredients, but that is the great thing about making this Sausage and Pepper Roll, you can use whatever ingredients you have on hand, you can do a meat and veggie and cheese combo or a veggie and cheese combo or a just plain cheese roll. I chose Hot Italian Sausage, Jack cheese, Parmesan Reggiano Cheese, Onions, Green Peppers combination. This was a dish that I will make again, next time I will do a veggie combo with cheese.|
- 1 Package of Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 cup grated Jack and Parmigiano Reggiano Cheeses
- 1 package pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- In a skillet, brown sausage removed from casing. mash with a fork.
- Drain fat after meat is browned. Set aside in a bowl.
- Brown onions and bell pepper in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside after browned.
- Roll out pizza dough to make a large rectangle shape.
- Place sausage on pizza dough, place veggies on meat, place cheese on top of veggies.
- Roll the pizza dough, being careful not to tear dough.
- Brush Olive oil inside of Bundt pan.
- Carefully place roll in Bundt pan.
- Let rise for ½ hour, covered with a towel.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until brown all over.
- Let set for 2 minutes before removing from pan. After flipping out of pan, let cool for a minute before slicing.
This recipe is inspired from Walking On Sunshine Food Blog.