Christmas is only 3 days away! I love baking during the holidays and I thought a lemon loaf cake would make such a nice Christmas gift for friends and neighbors. I know that the holiday season is difficult for so many, so this will bring some holiday cheer!
The mini cakes are so lemony and moist! The glaze is so delicious! Perfect with your cup of Joe!
I made a light glaze, but you can make yours thicker and sweeter by adding more sugar.
I found the cutest Christmas boxes and tins at Ocean State Job Lot. The Lemon Loaves fit perfectly and can be shipped off across the country!
This recipe makes 4 Mini Loaves.
Ready for gifting!
Merry Christmas from my Kitchen to Yours! XXOO Nettie
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar (for the glaze)
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray bottoms only of 4 mini loaf pans with Bakers Joy.
- In a KitchenAid or a food processor combine 3 large eggs, 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons softened butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon lemon extract, and ⅓ cup lemon juice. Blend until well mixed.
- Add 1½ cups flour to the ingredients and mix until just combined. Add ½ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon baking powder, and ½ teaspoon salt and mix until just combined. Add ½ cup vegetable oil and mix until combined.
- Spread into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick test is clean
- Cool on wire rack while you make the glaze.
- Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons half and half and ½ teaspoon of lemon extract. Add more sugar if you prefer a thicker, sweeter icing.
- Glaze the cake, slice and enjoy!
Note: The mini loaf pan measurement is 3 inches x 6 inches. Recipe made 4 mini loaves.
Nettie Moore is the cook, baker, photographer and designer behind Moore or Less Cooking Food Blog. Nettie is a self-trained cook and baker. She loves creating easy recipes that don’t call for a lot of unknown ingredients.Nettie’s Blueberry Skillet Cake has been featured in Taste Of Home Magazine and her Peach Raspberry Pie has won awards! She was born and raised in Southern California and now calls New England her home, where she lives with her husband and two children. Follow Nettie on her blog, Moore or Less Cooking, or here: FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN |INSTAGRAM