A simple yet delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake Jello Pudding Poke Cake begins with a cake mix, pumpkin puree, and Jello Pudding and is finished with a whipped topping. It’s an easy poke cake recipe that’s full of fall flavors!
Are you all ready for pumpkin recipes? I am! Bring on the fall pumpkin desserts!
If you haven’t tried a poke cake yet, this Pumpkin Pumpkin Cheesecake Jello Pudding Poke Cake will be your new favorite autumn cake! This cake is a winner!
There are so many pumpkin recipes floating around this time of year especially my favorite and most popular fall recipes Easy Cinnamon Pumpkin Cake Muffins.
Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
Make the cake according to the cake mix package directions, using the eggs, water, and oil.
Grease the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
Pour the batter into the pan. Bake.
Let the cake cool completely.
Poke the cake all over with a wooden spoon handle or a chopstick.
In a bowl, mix the pudding mix with the milk and pumpkin.
Pour pudding mixture over the cake trying to get some in each hole, use an offset spatula to push it in the holes.
Once the pudding mixture is covering the cake, gently rap the pan a couple of times to allow the mixture to settle in the holes.
Mix the Pumpkin Mixture well with a whisk.
Cover the holes with pumpkin mixture.
Cool Whip topping tastes amazing on this cake. If you can not locate Cool Whip, use a stabilized whipped cream topping.
Serve the cake chilled.
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice can be added to the pumpkin cheesecake mixture or/and it can be sprinkled over the cool whip.
Why Is It Called A Poke Cake
We are using a pudding mixture for this yummy cake.
The holes in the cake help the cake absorb the extra liquid/filling, making the cake incredibly moist, rich, and ultra decadent.
After you bake the cake and a toothpick poked in the cake comes out clean, take the back of a wooden spoon, and poke holes all over the cake.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Jello Pudding Poke Cake Tips & Tricks:
- I like to use the back of a wooden spoon to poke holes into the cake.
- If you poke holes right away, the cake kind of turns into mush. If you wait too long, the cake can be too hard.
Pumpkin Puree vs. Pumpkin Pie Filling
Make sure to buy pumpkin puree and NOT pumpkin pie filling for this recipe. Pumpkin pie filling is too thin and runny and will not give the cake the right texture. Pure pumpkin will give it the dense, rich texture and flavor you’re looking for.
More Poke Cake Recipes
Try some of our favorites:
More Pumpkin Recipes
Nettie is a wife and mother who is passionate about cooking and baking. With 5 children, Nettie insists that all meals, snacks, and desserts come together quickly! You will find a wide variety of easy yet scrumptious recipes on her very popular website Moore or Less Cooking
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #mooreorlesscooking so I can see all the wonderful recipes that YOU make from this site!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I would love for you to leave a rating and a comment below! How’d you do?!
This simple Pumpkin Cheesecake Jello Pudding Poke Cake begins with a cake mix, pumpkin puree, and Jello Pudding and is finished with a whipped topping. It’s an easy poke cake recipe that’s full of fall flavors!
- One Betty Crocker Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 box Jello Pudding, cheesecake flavor, 4 serving size
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Cool Whip, 8 ounces–can also use stabilized whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- Make the cake according to the cake mix package directions, using the eggs, water, and oil.
- Grease the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or until the cake springs back when touched.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Poke the cake all over with a wooden spoon handle or a chopstick.
- In a bowl, mix the pudding mix with the milk and pumpkin.
- Pour pudding mixture over the cake trying to get some in each hole, use an offset spatula to push it in the holes.
- Once the pudding mixture is covering the cake, gently rap the pan a couple of times to allow the mixture to settle in the holes.
- Refrigerate cake until set.
- Freeze the cake for 30 minutes before frosting the cake so that the pudding is set on top of the cake.
- Frost with cool whip, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve the cake chilled.
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice can be added to the pumpkin cheesecake mixture or/and it can be sprinkled over the cool whip.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Long Handle Wooden Cooking Mixing Oval Spoon
Cool Whip Original Whipped Topping (8 oz Tub)
McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice, 1.12 oz
Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Vegetable Oil, 48 Fl Oz
Ifuerte 10-Piece Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set
Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9 x 13-Inch Pan
365 Everyday Value, Pumpkin Puree, 15 oz
Betty Crocker Baking Mix, Super Moist Cake Mix, Vanilla, 15.25 Oz Box
Jell-O Cheesecake Flavored Instant Pudding & Pie Filling, 3.4 oz Boxes (3 Pack)
Rubbermaid Commercial Scraper Spatula, White, 13-1/2 Inch, FG190500
Wilton Icing Spatula, 13-Inch, Angled Cake Spatula
Amount Per Serving Calories 331Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 55mgSodium 410mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 1gSugar 24gProtein 5g